God is good.......70-410 cleared!!!!!!!! :-)

greg9891greg9891 Posts: 1,174Member ■■■■■■■□□□
greg9891 wrote: »
Took the 70-410 exam today and missed it by the hair of my chin. Scored a 676. was oh so close.But its got me excited to see how close I am so I'm going to study and reschedule this bad boy for Saturday and tell you guys the good news latter that day God spears life.icon_study.gificon_cry.gif
Now the Third Beast gets Destroyed. 70-410 cleared!!!!!!icon_thumright.gif All Glory Goes to GOD!!!!!I ended up not taking the exam on Saturday. I ended up taking the exam today. I thought it would be wiser to study a few more days then take it again. Glad to report that I got a 765 God is good. its a 89 point swing. This exams was much more difficult. based on the type of questions asked. I thought I got some easier questions last time but just blew it rushing. I really took my time and read through each question carefully trying to under stand what it was asking. Glad I got this one done. Now onto 70-411, any study tips for the 411 would be greatly appreciated.
Certs Gained 2018: CCENT ,210-255 ( Cyber Security Operations)
Upcoming: ICND2, CTT, 210-250 (Cyber Security Fundamentals)

Isaiah 28:10 - For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line; here a little, and there a little.

Comments

• AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Posts: 471Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome, congratulations!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Gaming Tech Expert Silicon Valley, CAPosts: 4,012Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    Way to go brotha!! All glory to God indeed!!

Good luck on your next exam in the MS series icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63, GCP Architect
  • shochanshochan Senior Member Posts: 873Member ■■■■■■□□□□

"It's not good when it's done, it's done when it's good" ~ Danny Carey
  • greg9891greg9891 Posts: 1,174Member ■■■■■■■□□□
    shochan wrote: »

Thanks guys ! like the you tube reference.

Isaiah 28:10 - For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line; here a little, and there a little.
  • GeekyChickGeekyChick CISSP, CEH, CCNA, Sec+ Posts: 312Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yay!!! Congratulations!!! Keep going on your mission. :)
  • drakerdraker Posts: 54Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I am hoping I can take this soon.
    Break time..!
    draker wrote: »
    Congrats! I am hoping I can take this soon.

Draker just set a date study lab every thing and go for it! I know u will do great

Draker just set a date study lab every thing and go for it! I know u will do great
    I've been a windows admin for about 7 years now. I am hoping that with that experience and all the stuff I'm studying.. that should get my by. I've been studying books and videos for the last 3 months. Currently reading the 70-410 exam reference.
    Break time..!
  • AvgITGeekAvgITGeek 70-410, 70-411 Posts: 338Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well done! I had a similar experience with 70-411. Thought my prior attempts were easier than the one I ended up passing and also had close to an 80+ point swing.

Enjoy it!
    AvgITGeek wrote: »
    Well done! I had a similar experience with 70-411. Thought my prior attempts were easier than the one I ended up passing and also had close to an 80+ point swing.

Enjoy it!

Thanks I Will!

I've been a windows admin for about 7 years now. I am hoping that with that experience and all the stuff I'm studying.. that should get my by. I've been studying books and videos for the last 3 months. Currently reading the 70-410 exam reference.

Hey Draker do you have a test date set yet?

Hey Draker do you have a test date set yet?
    I'm working on picking up a exam voucher from a member on here. Then I will be scheduling for the earliest date which at this point is March 1st.
    Break time..!
    I'm working on picking up a exam voucher from a member on here. Then I will be scheduling for the earliest date which at this point is March 1st.

Sounds like a plan I will be rooting for ya. Send me a private message if you need any additional tips.

Way to go brotha!! All glory to God indeed!!

Good luck on your next exam in the MS series icon_thumright.gif

Thanks Brother!!!!! all your encouragement made this possible.

Sounds like a plan I will be rooting for ya. Send me a private message if you need any additional tips.
    I just finished the registration for the exam. March 1st it is! Got a bit to study before test day. I would send you a PM, but I don't have access to PM's yet. Do you know how many posts you need to be able to use PMs?
    Break time..!
    Forgot to add one more thing...

HERE WE GO GREG9891 HERE WE GO! :)

Keep posting any questions you have about the 70-411
    I am not sure but keep commenting. your doing great welcome to Tech exams! my email is [email protected] you can message me there.

Forgot to add one more thing...

HERE WE GO GREG9891 HERE WE GO! :)

Keep posting any questions you have about the 70-411

lol Thanks waiting to see what we do with leveon bell and in regards to 70-411 I am working on my hyper v Lab to start studying.

Sent you an email
    Break time..!
    Let me know if you want any lab ideas or Hyper-V lab setup help. Differencing disks are great for the 411.
    Let me know if you want any lab ideas or Hyper-V lab setup help. Differencing disks are great for the 411.

Whats your current lab setup like?

Whats your current lab setup like?

My home workstation is Windows 10 professional, i3 processor, 16GB RAM, 1 internal 500 GB SATA HDD and the Hyper-V role installed.

For the 411, my lab usually consisted at a minimum 2 domain controllers, 3 member servers which I installed DFS-R. One of those I installed FSRM, one I installed NPS and one WDS. Then I had a blank VM to act as a WDS client. One server (not domain joined) I installed RRAS and one Win 7 or Win 8 client. The most I had running at any given time were the 2 DCs and at least 2 or 3 member servers... depending on what I was labbing at the time. The thing I loved about using differencing disks is that I only created 2 base Win 2012R2 VMs, installed updates and then ran sysprep. 1 image for my domain controllers and the other for member servers. Then the differencing disks were created for all of the VMs I used in my lab. If I quickly needed to add a RODC, I created a new differencing disk with the domain controller image as its parent and I was off to the races. It saves a bunch of disk space. The parent images are around 15GB but the differencing disks start out at 4GB each.

My current 412 lab consists of 18 Servers. Thankfully, maybe only 5 or 6 may need to run at the same time. I haven't started labbing yet, books and PluralSight only.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 California Kid Posts: 2,801Mod Mod
    Congrats on the pass!!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • KinecticKinectic Posts: 22Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    My home workstation is Windows 10 professional, i3 processor, 16GB RAM, 1 internal 500 GB SATA HDD and the Hyper-V role installed.

For the 411, my lab usually consisted at a minimum 2 domain controllers, 3 member servers which I installed DFS-R. One of those I installed FSRM, one I installed NPS and one WDS. Then I had a blank VM to act as a WDS client. One server (not domain joined) I installed RRAS and one Win 7 or Win 8 client. The most I had running at any given time were the 2 DCs and at least 2 or 3 member servers... depending on what I was labbing at the time. The thing I loved about using differencing disks is that I only created 2 base Win 2012R2 VMs, installed updates and then ran sysprep. 1 image for my domain controllers and the other for member servers. Then the differencing disks were created for all of the VMs I used in my lab. If I quickly needed to add a RODC, I created a new differencing disk with the domain controller image as its parent and I was off to the races. It saves a bunch of disk space. The parent images are around 15GB but the differencing disks start out at 4GB each.

My current 412 lab consists of 18 Servers. Thankfully, maybe only 5 or 6 may need to run at the same time. I haven't started labbing yet, books and PluralSight only.
    Good info on the lab configuration. I will do this when I get to the 411
    Break time..!

Wow Thats a great setup. I currently work and live away from home and my current setup is just a win 10 laptop wit 8gb of ram and the hyper v role installed. I currently have 2 server 2012 vms one DC with DNS, DHCP, WDS installed. the other server has the file and storage services, print server, and it also serves as a secondary domain controller. I have a third server that I plan to use to deploy exchange server 2016. I have 2 client machines win 7 and win 10 and one vm for WDS testing.

I have a dell t3500 home thats very handy. 24gb of ram makes for plenty of fun. Thats what I did most of my 70-410, vmware studies on but this laptop will have to do for now until I find a job close to home again.

Kinectic wrote: »
    congrats

Thanks guys!

Wow Thats a great setup. I currently work and live away from home and my current setup is just a win 10 laptop wit 8gb of ram and the hyper v role installed. I currently have 2 server 2012 vms one DC with DNS, DHCP, WDS installed. the other server has the file and storage services, print server, and it also serves as a secondary domain controller. I have a third server that I plan to use to deploy exchange server 2016. I have 2 client machines win 7 and win 10 and one vm for WDS testing.

I have a dell t3500 home thats very handy. 24gb of ram makes for plenty of fun. Thats what I did most of my 70-410, vmware studies on but this laptop will have to do for now until I find a job close to home again.

The one thing I really want to do is throw an internal SSD into my box and offload all of my VM onto it. I don't have the money for it at the moment. Buy a SSD or pay for an exam... I know what I'm spending my money on.
    The one thing I really want to do is throw an internal SSD into my box and offload all of my VM onto it. I don't have the money for it at the moment. Buy a SSD or pay for an exam... I know what I'm spending my money on.

Thats the Truth.....I've had to make that decision from time to time.

You need to update your signature block. Move that 410 up to the first line!