Fort Hays State

snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
Anyone have experience with this school? I am very close to applying for the MS degree in networking.

Comments

• Bjcheung77Bjcheung77 Member Posts: 89 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's a good school, they're known for being an affordable option for Graduate Study.
    Is it specifically networking that you are wanting to get into or a general IT Masters?
    Another probable, yet cheaper option to look into is WGU for their Masters degrees.
    A similar program to RA WGU's Masters is from Hodges UPower MS in Info Systems.

I would highly recommend Competency Based programs from WGU/Hodges, you get certs with it.
    Lastly, the cheapest RA MBA in IT is from Patten, at ~$2k/4 month term... WGU/Hodges is ~$3500/6 month term.
    I know people who have finished their Regionally Accredited Masters in record time (4 months or less).
    For me, it's all about the amount of work vs time, cost is a consideration as well... I just want it FAST!
  • bornwithbornwith Member Posts: 21 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took some course here a few years ago. The instructors were all very professional and knowledgeable. If I ever decide to go back to school this is where I am going.
  • snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for the good information here.

I am more interested in networking vs. IS. IS usually involves more of a programming background (Which I don't have). Patten looks VERY interesting at this point as well.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    What specifically attracted you to FHSU? I did my BS in Networking and Telecom with them. It was a great experience that I enjoyed 20 better than my WGU MSISA.
  • snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    What specifically attracted you to FHSU? I did my BS in Networking and Telecom with them. It was a great experience that I enjoyed 20 better than my WGU MSISA.

I would say the cost and the fact that it is focused on networking. I plan on staying in a more technical position for the next 5-10 years vs. going into MGMT.

I got even more excited after I found out the CCNP will be transfer in place of the 3 classes. I will need to do a small project and pay for the courses but won't have to do all the coursework and labs. I totaled things out and I will need to do 5 classes and 4 projects + Capstone.