Anyone going to Cisco Live this year?

MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
I just found out from my boss that I'm going! This will be my first time attending, can't wait!

Just wondering if anyone else will be going?
2017 Certification Goals:
CCNP R/S

Comments

• raji96raji96 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    no, I am not going
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Yep. I'm going. I go every year now. There's another 40+ of us going from a study group I'm part of
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I expect so, though it might just be an explorer pass if I can't sneak some CLCs in somewhere. :)
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My whole department was supposed to go but it was all cancelled due to budget this year, meh.
  • hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Assuming I don't quit before then, it looks likely I will go.
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome. It would be nice to meet a couple of members from here.
    CCNP R/S
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    I wish my company would consider sending people there that work in the trenches of network ticket chaos :\

Some day...
    Yep. I'm going. I go every year now. There's another 40+ of us going from a study group I'm part of
    It would be awesome to meet you (if that sounds creepy, please don't take it that way). I watch your Youtube videos all the time. Very inspiring since we've implemented ISE in our environment.
    CCNP R/S
  • ccie14023ccie14023 Member Posts: 183
    Ah yes, and now a shameless plug for my sessions!

BRKCRS-2451: Scripting Catalyst Switches: Tools and Techniques Beyond the Basics
    DEVNET-2589: Solving Problems with Application Hosting and Guestshell
    LTRCRS-2450: Campus Fabric Programmability Lab ($$)

And remember:

1. Programmability is the hot topic right now, so you want to be in all of them!
    2. You want to help your fellow TechExams subscriber get all 5's, right?
    3. If I ever posted something that upset you, forget about #'s 1 and 2.

(ccie14023 goes back to trying to finish his slides in case people actually show up at his sessions...)
    Let me check the sessions I already have booked and let you know. I may have to move some around if I'm not in yours.
    CCNP R/S
  • ccie14023ccie14023 Member Posts: 183
    Go to whatever sessions best apply to your job. I was just being shameless. (Though I promise mine will be good.) And enjoy Cisco Live. It's a lot of fun, the best trade show in the business, a great chance to network. It's also an incredible amount of work to put it on, something I never fully appreciated until I became a presenter. You're going to have a blast. Just try not to let Las Vegas distract you. I've had enough hung over guys in my session who look like they lost everything at the poker table and are not in a good mood for me... Berlin has been way better for me.
  • shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was there last year...won't be going this year thoughicon_sad.gif

It'll be cool to have a TE meetup someday..
    Have fun!
    Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
    Future Plans: MSc + PMP, CCIE/NPx, GIAC...
  • shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ccie14023 wrote: »
    Go to whatever sessions best apply to your job. I was just being shameless. (Though I promise mine will be good.) And enjoy Cisco Live. It's a lot of fun, the best trade show in the business, a great chance to network. It's also an incredible amount of work to put it on, something I never fully appreciated until I became a presenter. You're going to have a blast. Just try not to let Las Vegas distract you. I've had enough hung over guys in my session who look like they lost everything at the poker table and are not in a good mood for me... Berlin has been way better for me.

Yup, staying focused in Vegas is tricky. I was in CLUS 16 with some colleagues and got veeeerrry little sleep for the week lol...lessons learned. Thankfully I was still able to pass my CCNP-Switch at the test center there!
    Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
    Future Plans: MSc + PMP, CCIE/NPx, GIAC...
  • labscloudlabscloud Member Posts: 137 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would love to go but I'm going to try and make it to Ignite instead since it's much closer.
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If ignite is close to you this year, then you should plan on Cisco Live next year, as it's supposed to be in Orlando, from what I've heard. It's definitely worth attending.

And I will be there, and speaking on the New to Cisco Live panel on Sunday evening.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I saw a few of you guys there. I don't know if the rest of you saw me running around. I was sort of like a chicken with my head cut off trying to meet up with everyone. Here are some of the pics: [FONT=&quot]flickr.com/photos/routergods/[/FONT]
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I was able to send someone to do a presentation but unable to get away myself. It's on the list for next year though! Of course it was on the list for this year and last year ...