Mcsa 2012 help

kevb1981kevb1981 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I have just started taking the MCSA course and using virtual box on my laptop so I can start building the servers. however I'm in the forces and work away a lot and do not have access to the internet. Do I need the internet to get the servers I'm building to talk to each other, or is there another way I can use?

Many thanks,

Kevin

Comments

• AvgITGeekAvgITGeek Member Posts: 342 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You will not need an internet connection for the servers to communicate in VB.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I Agree You don't need the internet. You can probably use some kind of internal switch. not sure what virtual box Has.

Here is Something that might help:

For network configuration, VirtualBox 4.* provides the following network modes:

• "Not attached" mode (not connected)
    • Network Address Translation (NAT)
    • Bridged networking (network bridge)
    • Internal networking (internal network)
    • Host-only networking (Host-only adapter)
    • Generic networking.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.