Options

Service Desk Analyst interview tomorrow

Ben1373Ben1373 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone, tomorrow I have an interview for a Service desk analyst position. The job requirements did say a minimum of 2 years experience in the field was necessary, but did say the team would consider more junior members provided they have Studied IT before and have some experience, both in which I have. But, not in a Helpdesk role. However, I guess they like what they see on my cv as I got a call for an interview on the same day I submitted my cv.

The interview process will involve a formal interview followed by technical questions, I'm assuming these will be scenario based questions, e.g. "A user phones complaining that she cannot to the Internet, what would you do?" I think I would know how to troubleshoot a lot of these situations, however, how should I answer if I don't know how to troubleshoot a particular situation. Also, does anyone have any other general tips and advice? Thx for reading and appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Break the problem down to smaller parts and use deductive logic
    Use the corporate knowledge base
    Research the issue (Internet)
    Ask a senior analyst
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    To add to DatabaseHead's list, find out everything you can about the problem they are having. When it started, exact steps they took to get the issue/error, the exact error message (if there is one), if anyone around the person is having the same issue...

I think service desk interviews one of the most important thing you can do is relax and be as friendly/talkative as you can and that you show enthusiasm for your chance to work there. Best of luck!