Options

Odom + Lammle for ICND2v3 required?

dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
I've noticed a lot of people complaining about the ICND2v3 on /r/ccna with a lot resorting to requiring the addition of Lammle in addition to the OCG. With a few weeks to go until my ICND2 I'm now worried that Odom's book has underprepared me even though it was perfectly adequate for ICND1. What are people's thoughts on this? My problem is that I've seen a lot of other posts which state they passed using a single book (Either Odom or Lammle) without requiring both.

In addition to Odom I've also watched Kevin Wallace's Videos and those from ITPro.TV

Am I just overthinking it?

Edit: I just scanned through Lammle on Safari and wasn't convinced there are sufficient differences in the EIGRP Chapter.

Comments

• Options
    p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Lammle does a great job making Odoms material more palatable. If you can handle Odom, you're good. That content's legit and almost all you need to know. Kevin Wallace was a great investment on your part, that guy has a gift.
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • Options
    dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome! Thanks for the reply :)

Kevin is absolutely hands down gifted. He can make even the most complex subjects seem simple and he puts so much effort into his demonstrations. He makes me very confident that everything can be learnt, it just takes the time to investigate and understand it.
  • Options
    WastedHatWastedHat Member Posts: 132 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used Odom + Kevin Wallace + Boson exams for ICND2 and failed by a few marks the first time, but it was a total struggle. I got Lammle's book to study for my resit and to be honest I was surprised at the lack of detail, probably too used to Odom.

Stuff that Lammle covers that Odom doesn't: Packet types and neighbour states for EIGRP, OSPF, HSRP, IPv6. (OSPF LSA's aren't on the exam topics).
    And of course he explains topics from a different perspective.

What helped me the most from his material was actually his practice questions and flash cards, his style of question had the sort of vagueness that I struggled with on the Cisco exam.
  • Options
    Uriah7Uriah7 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    WastedHat wrote: »
    I used Odom + Kevin Wallace + Boson exams for ICND2 and failed by a few marks the first time, but it was a total struggle. I got Lammle's book to study for my resit and to be honest I was surprised at the lack of detail, probably too used to Odom.

Stuff that Lammle covers that Odom doesn't: Packet types and neighbour states for EIGRP, OSPF, HSRP, IPv6. (OSPF LSA's aren't on the exam topics).
    And of course he explains topics from a different perspective.

What helped me the most from his material was actually his practice questions and flash cards, his style of question had the sort of vagueness that I struggled with on the Cisco exam.

I am surprised that the Boson practice tests didn't help you pass the first time. I have read Lammle's book twice, watch the ITProTV videos twice and have easily passed Lammle's review questions. I just purchased the Boson practice tests today and I am surprised at the amount of information I am still learning. Did you slowly go through the Boson practice exams and read the information the provide which explains the answers? I appreciate any advice you have as I am taking the test tomorrow of the next day. Thanks
  • Options
    WastedHatWastedHat Member Posts: 132 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah so I'll do it in exam mode first to see my score then go back through it in study mode making sure I understand all the answers. Takes me a full day for each exam. Boson has some questions which are outside the scope of the exam topics, like Frame Relay and OSPF LSAs.

If you're comfortable with the other materials you mentioned I would study as much as possible from the Boson exams, there is a lot of good info in their answers. And remember to follow the exam topics so you don't waste any time. Good luck.
  • Options
    Uriah7Uriah7 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Passed today. I made a thread explaining exactly what I studied. In short, Lammle's 200-105 Study Guide, Boson Practice Exams and ITProTV. Lammle alone would not have been enough. Boson was a wealth of knowledge. In my thread, I explain what Lammle's book is missing relative to the objectives listed on Cisco's website.