Options

Please suggest books for CISSP

jkathereshjkatheresh Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi

I am looking to start my CISSP journey, and I need your suggestions on the books which I should be having in the first place.

Appreciate your time and suggestions.

Thanks
Katheresh

Comments

• Options
    rscrtrscrt Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Depends on many things... but I have searched the forum as there is many recommendations and ended up with:

CISSP (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional Official Study Guide by Sybex (ISBN13 9781119042716)
    CISSP Official ISC2 Practice Tests by Sybex (ISBN13 9781119252283)

but I have just ordered the books, so do not expect any feedback yet :)
  • Options
    trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Eleventh-Hour-CISSP-Study-Guide
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• Options
    cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sybex 7th Edition. I finished it a few weeks ago. It comes with lots of practice exams and flash cards. When I did my research this book got very good responses.
  • Options
    d3s3rtf0xd3s3rtf0x Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sybex 7th Ed - I finished it and can confirm its laid out nicely
    Eric Conrad - 11th Hour (for review)

I'm currently doing Sybex practice exams as I'm looking to sit for exam next month. will probably take more practice exams from other sources.
  • Options
    tunerXtunerX Member Posts: 447 ■■■□□□□□□□
    rscrt wrote: »
    Depends on many things... but I have searched the forum as there is many recommendations and ended up with:

CISSP (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional Official Study Guide by Sybex (ISBN13 9781119042716)
    CISSP Official ISC2 Practice Tests by Sybex (ISBN13 9781119252283)

but I have just ordered the books, so do not expect any feedback yet :)

These books are pretty much the primary resource I used. I just passed on the 23rd of February. I used the Syngress (Eric Conrad 3rd edition study guide and 11th hour) and Sybex books. Sybex study guide covers all of the material and the Sybex practice test book has the same look and feel as the real test. I did use other online test engines as well.
  • Options
    malindakmalindak Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    tunerX wrote: »
    These books are pretty much the primary resource I used. I just passed on the 23rd of February. I used the Syngress (Eric Conrad 3rd edition study guide and 11th hour) and Sybex books. Sybex study guide covers all of the material and the Sybex practice test book has the same look and feel as the real test. I did use other online test engines as well.

What are the other engines you used?
  • Options
    jkathereshjkatheresh Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks all for your reply and suggestions. I have now subscribed for Lynda.com --> Mike Chapple --> CISSP Prep.

So far it is good and easy to understand for starters.