Options

Boson Practice Exams

neonmanneonman Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I've been studying CCNA Sec for a couple of months and thought I wasn't too far off being ready for the exam so decided to get the Boson practice exams boy was I in for a shock! Is it just me or is the Boson questions really hard? I feel I am missing large gaps in my understanding of different areas for the exam. But when I was reviewing notes before doing any questions I felt I really understood most of the stuff. icon_cry.gif

I used CBT Nuggets, the OCG and just started 31 days before along with the Boson practice exams.

Anybody else experienced this while using the Boson practice exams?

Comments

• Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I did purchase the Boson Practice exams for this test last week, can't say I've had to chance to go through them. Only about half way through my studies. Might try and give the test a go this weekend.
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Unfortunately this is exactly the case. There is a lot of activity on the Cisco forums about this issue. I too used the OCG, the 31 Days Before, CBTNuggets (with the CCNP Security stuff Keith Barker recommended), and the Boson practice exams. Go through EVERY question the Boson test covers, and READ every explanation and be comfortable with them. Spend a lot of time reading Keith Barker's Parka Document for the 210-260. If you can go through the Boson and get good scores all the way through, then the real exam shouldn't be an issue. I found the Boson to be almost exact as far as content for the 210-260. Best of luck!
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    PCTechLinc wrote: »
    Unfortunately this is exactly the case. There is a lot of activity on the Cisco forums about this issue. I too used the OCG, the 31 Days Before, CBTNuggets (with the CCNP Security stuff Keith Barker recommended), and the Boson practice exams. Go through EVERY question the Boson test covers, and READ every explanation and be comfortable with them. Spend a lot of time reading Keith Barker's Parka Document for the 210-260. If you can go through the Boson and get good scores all the way through, then the real exam shouldn't be an issue. I found the Boson to be almost exact as far as content for the 210-260. Best of luck!

Thanks. Looks like I'll have a extra work to do so here. I want to pass first time round so I really would like to get a deep understanding of the topics involved.
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Just to give you an idea... I went through all the material that was mentioned previously. I went through the Boson practice tests for about 2 weeks, and took the exam (my CCNA R&S was about to expire). That extra 2 weeks going over the Boson tests was all I needed, and I got a very good score. The very first SIM that I got on the exam didn't work at all, so I lost credit for any points associated with those questions (there were 5 questions I had to answer). Even taking a hit for all those questions, I still got 897/1000. If you've been going through the material for a couple months already, you should be fine come exam time.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    I guess it was more of a kick in the stomach when I started to do the boson questions and a bit of a shock. Anyway, I'll keep at it and hopefully get this done by the end of the month. Thanks for the feedback
  • Options
    NightBlade09NightBlade09 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I felt the same way taking my first Boson practice exam. One guy just said on the forums that you need to know how to implement the technologies, forget the Describe on the blueprint which is crazy. But, taking the practice exam, it makes sense now.
  • Options
    MrPuzzlezMrPuzzlez Member Posts: 89 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I scheduled my exam at the end of the year near Christmas(Santa gave me a cert, YAY!). That way, I have all year to study with a busy work schedule.