Failed CCENT today

PPP123PPP123 Member Posts: 25 ■■□□□□□□□□
Failed the CCENT, I honestly thought I had passed, but I guess not.

I got 813....needed 832.
I've booked the 200-125 for two months time icon_study.gif

I'm not going back to sit two tests.

Comments

• rob42rob42 Member Posts: 423
    So close...

Do you know where you screwed up?
    No longer an active member
  • PPP123PPP123 Member Posts: 25 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Infrastructure Services apparently
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I hope you have better luck with the composite. Just keep in mind that time will not be your friend. Know your subnetting/summarization very quickly, and also know your show commands. I never took the composite, but a former instructor of mine failed the first time because he took too long on some of the labs. I look forward to seeing you pass!
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • rob42rob42 Member Posts: 423
    Take a positive from a negative; you only just missed your mark. Bounce back and ace it next time!
    No longer an active member
    Would the composite exam not be easier than sitting the ICND 2? I'd imagine there would be less SIMs.

I'm going for the composite regardless.

I think by doing the Comptia exams beforehand had lead me into a false sense of security....it appears there is little room for error in the Cisco tests.
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Unfortunately I don't know anyone who has taken the 200-125 composite exam. I would like to get feedback from anyone that has though. All I know is that they take the objectives from both ICND1 and ICND2 and throw them into one test. You get fewer questions (than taking both exams separate), but with a similar time limit as one exam.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
    Yeah I'll defo be more prepared next time.

Can't afford to fail again, especially the composite, the price is now £310 (inc tax)

Yes it would be good to hear from someone who sat the 200-125.
  • mxsteve2mxsteve2 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It took me 3 times. first 781 second 803 last 900
  • WastedHatWastedHat Member Posts: 132 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I admire your confidence, I wouldn't be brave enough to go for the composite after missing ICND1. I seen a few 'pass posts' on reddit for the composite, you could do a search on there if you want more background on what it's like.
  • adfeddonadfeddon Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I failed my CCENT for a second time yesterday. icon_redface.gif I can subnet within seconds, I can program a switch or router in no time and I just rcvd my Associates in Networking with a 3.7, but I can't pass the damn test. I got a 755. Next test will be taken in 4 days.
    For anyone wondering, there were alot of questions about administrative distances and link state vs distance vector and what routing protocols go with what. Also, even tho RIP was not covered in school, you still have to know it. Those were my main problems.
    Alot of NAT and ACL questions too. AND know your show commands!

Good luck on your next test!! icon_thumright.gif
  • Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    All of which are on the exam blueprint