Options

OSPF Cost Calcuation Packet Tracer Gig Link

DaughterofRnbDaughterofRnb Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi I have a 1Gigabit interface with the current bandwidth set to 1,000,000kbps. I do a show gig0/1 and I see the current bandwidth has been correctly specified. I go into OSPF Configuration in the router and type in auto-cost reference-bandwidth 1,000mbps
to get the cost value of 1. instead of 10 for a FA interface. I do a show ip ospf interface and the interface still shows up as a Cost of 10 instead of 1 ?

Comments

• Options
    DaughterofRnbDaughterofRnb Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi I have a 1Gigabit interface with the current bandwidth set to 1,000,000kbps. I do a show gig0/1 and I see the current bandwidth has been correctly specified. I go into OSPF Configuration in the router and type in auto-cost reference-bandwidth 1,000mbps
    to get the cost value of 1. instead of 10 for a FA interface. I do a show ip ospf interface and the interface still shows up as a Cost of 10 instead of 1 ?

wow i feel so stupid I did a wr and reload and problem solved..
  • Options
    rob42rob42 Member Posts: 423
    wow i feel so stupid I did a wr and reload and problem solved..

No need... The important thing is that you learned something from it. icon_wink.gif
    No longer an active member
  • Options
    dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    rob42 wrote: »
    No need... The important thing is that you learned something from it. icon_wink.gif

To never trust packet tracer lol
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dontstop wrote: »
    To never trust packet tracer lol

Ya I was about to say this^^^

You shouldn't have to even write mem / reload for a configuration to take effect inside the running configuration. I would suggest exploring doing labbing in GNS3 / VIRL / Live equipment going forward.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi