Options

Help with RIP routing

ConnorRobertsConnorRoberts Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am trying to allow each "segment" of my network connect with each other via RIP routing, i'm not entirely sure what i'm doing wrong. I have tried RIP routing each router already and found myself at a dead end. I'm new to packet tracer and would appreciate some guidance.

https://ibin.co/3FY263QfpGQR.png

Comments

• Options
    rob42rob42 Member Posts: 423
    The first thing I notice is that it looks as if you've an issue with Router1 (the 'RED' lights). So I'd look into that first.

Also check your Routing Tables (show ip route) and look for a 'C' prefix for all Directly Connected Routes and 'R' for all RIP Routes.

If you could make the CPT file available, I could take a look at it and offer more help.

Questions:

Are you using RIP or RIPv2?

If you're using RIP, why? (RIP was removed from the CCNA. RIPv2 is the one needed for the 105 exam {or so I believe}).

Your diagram makes no reference to 'Subnets'. Are all the Networks using 'natural' subnet masks?

RIP.jpg 21.8K
    No longer an active member
  • Options
    Hammer80Hammer80 Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I will honestly save you a lot of time, RIP and RIPv2 is dead and nobody is using it anymore. Just rip out the page about RIP out of the book and don't look back. The chances of you seeing RIP on the official exam are pretty much astronomical and most guides in the section for RIP tell you not to waste your time on it. What you should spend a lot of time is OSPF and EIGRP. Bam!!! time saved.icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    Hammer80 wrote: »
    I will honestly save you a lot of time, RIP and RIPv2 is dead and nobody is using it anymore. Just rip out the page about RIP out of the book and don't look back. The chances of you seeing RIP on the official exam are pretty much astronomical and most guides in the section for RIP tell you not to waste your time on it. What you should spend a lot of time is OSPF and EIGRP. Bam!!! time saved.icon_cheers.gif

I beg to differ...

Exam topic 3.7: Configure, verify, and troubleshoot RIPv2 for IPv4 (excluding authentication, filtering, manual summarization, redistribution)

Is it not best to be prepared, just in case?
  • Options
    I am trying to allow each "segment" of my network connect with each other via RIP routing, i'm not entirely sure what i'm doing wrong. I have tried RIP routing each router already and found myself at a dead end. I'm new to packet tracer and would appreciate some guidance.

https://ibin.co/3FY263QfpGQR.png

Did you figure this out?