NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
edited September 2019 in CCNA Security

Comments

• atippettatippett Member Posts: 154
    You're right anything can happen! You also have 3 security certs, that will help you. A big part of CCNA Sec is the different types of attacks, and different types of malware and such. That's probably half of the test. Good luck!
  • TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ah good times. I did the same with the VCP and passed. Here's good vibes coming your way for the same kind of situation!
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • byron66byron66 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    icon_thumright.gif You got this.
    CCNA   A+   N+  Sec+
  • atippettatippett Member Posts: 154
    Congrats! Now onto CCNP Security? icon_lol.gif
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Wow, that's awesome! Good job with the crazy studying. Glad the exam worked out in your favor. It was definitely a tough one.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You've effectively piqued my interest and gained my attention with this post. First of all, good show! Now you know I have to ask, what methods did you use for your cramming and what materials? I've got a good composite list and I don't want to leave anything out.
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
    So were the labs in their own network (ie. virt labs) or were you given a lab-book and made your own, like GNS3 with images?
    Much appreciated, Looking to nail this by year's end as well. Grats again!
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    That's awesome! Congrats on the pass. I'm looking to make that my next Cisco cert. Sounds like your prior security knowledge helped a good deal.
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Soooo last night it dawned on me that I had forgot to reschedule my CCNA:Sec exam and now will be taking it in a couple hours from now crash.gif

Gone through about half of the material so not expecting a pass. But hey, it's multiple choice right? Anything can happen! Happy Friday!

Congrats man!
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! Wow man that's awesome. Better not let Cisco's LearningNetwork CCNA-S forum catch wind of this. So many people failing that exam left and right after dedicating a lot of study time icon_lol.gif
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • swampratswamprat Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Way to go man! Not even just the pass, but not letting yourself get psyched out and forcing yourself to fail.

Start studying for the next one. :)
  • NightBlade09NightBlade09 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A guy on the forums said that the blueprint is misleading and requires you to know how to Implement most things instead of just Describe. Does that hold true for you?
  • dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    p@r0tuXus wrote: »
    You've effectively piqued my interest and gained my attention with this post. First of all, good show! Now you know I have to ask, what methods did you use for your cramming and what materials?

I've read from studies that cramming is a good strategy in this exact case when you need to pass a test the next day without having all the required knowledge. But it's been shown to have adverse effects on long term memory. Hence why most students say once they pass the exam they just forget it all. Spaced repetition is king! In saying that thought, well done NetworkNewb for putting in a mega effort and passing.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well... I passed. I don't know how but I passed. I got like no sleep last night cramming. Not recommending that strategy btw.

I dont know how you can argue with the results. icon_cool.gif