Night before first Security+ attempt- need a benchmark

Deus Ex MachinaDeus Ex Machina Member Posts: 127
Hi guys,

I am thinking about giving Security+ a shot tomorrow, but I want a way to "benchmark" myself to know if I am ready to pass. I've done decently on gibson's practice tests, but I do not trust myself anymore with those as I've definitely started to memorize the questions, intentionally or not.

What's a good practice test I can take tonight to know if I am ready? And what score should I be looking for?

Thanks.
"The winner takes it all"

Comments

• p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Aside from the chapter reviews, assessment test, practice tests and flash-cards found in the sybex book, I also used all of the tests on this site. I'd recommend them, go through them each 2-3 times, mix it up so you don't get too familiar. It'll keep you busy, in the same frame of mind, and keep you flexible.

http://www.examcompass.com/comptia/security-plus-certification/free-security-plus-practice-tests
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • airzeroairzero Member Posts: 126
    Personally, I went through all the exam objectives from CompTIA and if I was able to explain each item on there to someone as if I were teaching the material, then I considered myself ready. However I way over prepared for this exam, so if you feel you have a good understanding of the exam topics and can answer roughly 80% or higher on various practice tests, then I would just go for it.
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How did you do on the exam?

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How did you do on the exam?

Given the appended Security+ cert to their profile, I'd say they nailed it. :D
    I believe a Congrats! is in order.
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • Deus Ex MachinaDeus Ex Machina Member Posts: 127
    Sorry I didn't get back right away. Yep, I passed the Security+ exam last week, and with a pretty nice score :D Gibson's book is amazing. I'd recommend it to anyone.
    "The winner takes it all"
  • ultm8mindultm8mind Member Posts: 111
    congrats...belated ofcourse.
  • marianonamorosomarianonamoroso Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!