Options

EX413 Red Hat Server hardening Exam

psicopunk_psicopunk_ Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi.

I am going to try the EX413 Exam next Tuesday.
I didn't pay for the Rh413 Course. I only enrolled the exam.

I would like to ask for a little help about the difficulty that I shall expect from the EX413 exam or about the RH413 Course experience.

I don't want to ask about the exam questions. I just want to understand if there are some topics that I should study more and to hear other members about their experience with red hat exams.

Kind regards

Comments

• Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    I plan on taking the EX413 to renew my RHCE in 2 and half years, so I did some looking around and found Sander has a series on Safari Books. It looks like a lot of the objectives have overlap with RHCSA and RHCE. If you have experience with STIGs, PAM, SELinux, and RHEL in general, you should be good to go. Here is the most informative thread about the exam:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/lpi-rhce-sair/97342-red-hat-certificate-expertise-server-hardening-exam-ex413-class-review.html

Here are the objectives:

https://www.redhat.com/en/services/training/ex413-red-hat-certificate-expertise-server-hardening-exam
  • Options
    duta74duta74 Member Posts: 143 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Pluralsight have a very good course based on Centos 7: Securing Linux Servers
    https://app.pluralsight.com/library/courses/securing-linux-servers/
    from Chris Brown
  • Options
    I am taking this exam to renew RHCE.

Sander has released a Video Course that covers RH413 objectives:
    Linux Security Complete Video Course - Sander van Vugt

but it has been hard to find good information besides Red Hat Documentation.

I focused more on the following topics:
    IPA Server (IdM) + kerberized services (sshd, NFS) + sudo centralized policies + HBAC
    SELinux
    Auditd rules + audit remote logging
    Password Policies (local and using IPA)
    PAM (Account locking + keystroke logging)
    Package updating and getting info from errata (updateinfo)
    Boot loader Security (password)
    ACL
    LUKS
    Firewalld
    AIDE
    Rsyslog TLS configuration + setting CA
    a bit of Securing services (ftp, bind, http, postfix, ssh)
    NFSv4

I hope that the System Documentation may be a good help for the exam because it is too much information...
  • Options
    I was not aware of the pluralsight course... It's late now to enroll in this course as I am going to take the exam next Tuesday.
    Thanks anyway
  • Options
    duta74duta74 Member Posts: 143 ■■□□□□□□□□
    psicopunk_ wrote: »
    I was not aware of the pluralsight course... It's late now to enroll in this course as I am going to take the exam next Tuesday.
    Thanks anyway
    Good luck!
  • Options
    chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Best of luck with your exam. I attempted this exam late 2013 rather unsuccessfully. I attended a previous version of the course and did the updated version of the exam and failed rather miserably. I have not bothered doing the exam again. I might have to soon to keep the other certs alive.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• Options
    Thanks, chanakyajupudi.

If you don't mind, can you tell me if you failed because of the version of the exam or was it very difficult?
  • Options
    Thanks anyway

I highly recommend Safari Books Online for your future studying. I've been through a large portion of Sander's videos on the EX413 and they're very good. He also is going through the RHCA track over the next year and will be producing more CoE based course videos. SBO is also super cheap for the amount of content you can get (if you're former military or a DoD contractor you can get a free sub!).
  • Options
    I registered on safari Books online to test it. It seems nice.
    If Sander is releasing new videos of other CoE, that shall get my preference as a studying content. They are very good indeed.

What is SBO?
  • Options
    I registered on safari Books online to test it. It seems nice.
    If Sander is releasing new videos of other CoE, that shall get my preference as a studying content. They are very good indeed.

What is SBO?

My abbreviation for Safari Books Online icon_lol.gif.
  • Options
    SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Safari book online is one of the best thing you can buy for your IT Career. As an IT consultant, I am always jumping from one technologies to another one. It help me get ready to my gig and to help stay ahead.

Even if I didn't wrote test for certication, SBO is the best investment in your IT Career. I have SBO for the last 5-6 years and I never regret any $ I sent them. I have also a Pluralsight but SBO content is far better.
  • Options
    Verities wrote: »
    My abbreviation for Safari Books Online icon_lol.gif.

icon_lol.gif

I am going to give it a try. Thanks for your help.