Options

PASS!!!! 70-270, CST CNST Rollover download

stallion750stallion750 Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
I took the 70-270 test today. I figured that since I worked with XP for quite sometime, I could just skim some test questions and glance over some test material, I was wrong. This test in my opinion was much harder than the 70-290 test. However, I did not study that hard for this one compared to the 290. I received a 715, a pass is a pass. I would rather get a low score based on my knowledge, rather than **** and bang out braindump type test questions. My suggestion, don't be over confident because you work with M$ stuff, there will always be something you can't remember or don't know, there is always something new to learn. Also, if you know the stuff on this site inside and out, you should do well on the test. One more thing, the practice questions from the A+, Net+ rollover, did not help at all for this particular test, well the questions I had anyway. Well, my next test will be the 70-291. One test away from MSCA ;).

Comments

• Options
    flanqueflanque Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well done. Good luck with the next exam.

I have to agree with you on the over confidence thing. I have used XP for two to three years in a support role and have found large gaps in my knowledge. I thought the XP one would be easy but so far I have learnt much on XP just from 70-270 study books.

The strange thing I find though, is that whilst very successfully I work on supporting XP in a very large corporate environment, that doesn't translate into knowing hard facts about the OS for some reason.

I think whilst I could quite painlessly accomplish almost anything needed on XP (that's firstly possible), doing certifications is also very much about reading the question and picking out the key words to lead you to the "correct" answer.