Passed 70-412

JD20JD20 MemberMember Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
I finally passed the last exam I needed for my MCSA: Windows Server 2012. This exam was pretty difficult. Although, surprisingly I think the 70-411 was more difficult. Anyways, I'm happy I got that out of the way.

As far as study materials, I used Testout software (provided by one of my college courses), CBT Nuggets, Technet, and alot of labbing at home. I also used any practice tests I could find online.

I feel like the material on this exam was my favorite out of the three. I really enjoyed the fault tolerance/high availability topics and Certificate Services aspects. I think I'm going to focus on getting my CCNA: Security next as I plan on enrolling at WGU pretty soon. That will help me knock out another class. Good Luck to anyone taking this exam!

Comments

• njclay2004njclay2004 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Whoa congrats!! I know this one is supposed to be the toughest of all three so that's super awesome. :D
  • blargoeblargoe Self-Described Huguenot NC, USAMember Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    No small feat. Congrats!
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,177 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! great news. Good luck on the CCNA: Security.
    Certs Gained 2018: CCENT ,210-255 ( Cyber Security Operations)
    Upcoming: ICND2, CTT, 210-250 (Cyber Security Fundamentals)

Isaiah 28:10 - For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line; here a little, and there a little.
  • AvgITGeekAvgITGeek 70-410, 70-411 Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job! I'm still flip-flopping on if I should take this one as it has a lot of good content (Clustering..) or SQL 2012.

Best of luck on the CCNA:S
  • JD20JD20 Member Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the support.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Gaming Tech Expert Silicon Valley, CAMember Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif

Good luck on the CCNA:Security and WGU :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, great job!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"