CED Solutions CASP Course

bamahonkybamahonky Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
I searched through the forums and didn't see anything for CED Solutions. Has anyone had any experience with them as far as their week long course for CASP? I am looking close at this one because they offer an instructor lead course.

Comments

• ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    bamahonky wrote: »
    I searched through the forums and didn't see anything for CED Solutions. Has anyone had any experience with them as far as their week long course for CASP? I am looking close at this one because they offer an instructor lead course.

Never heard of them. Secureninja.com and infosecinstitute.com are the only ILT I've heard of for CASP on here.
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    How much experience do you have in general IT and infosec? You might be able to pass without doing a course.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • bamahonkybamahonky Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have seven years of general IT experience. The last two have been a mix of IT and infosec. I just knocked out CEH back in November. I have the pearson book and made it through two chapters and making 70-75 on the practice exams. I understand its a pass/fail test. Just looking at some options.
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    bamahonky wrote: »
    I have seven years of general IT experience. The last two have been a mix of IT and infosec. I just knocked out CEH back in November. I have the pearson book and made it through two chapters and making 70-75 on the practice exams. I understand its a pass/fail test. Just looking at some options.

The CEH stuff will help quite a bit. The Pearson book questions are not comparable to the actual exam. I used the Transcender test that came with the voucher I bought and they weren't great either. A bootcamp is great if your employer is paying, but there are lots of other options if you want to advance your career on a specific track.