Best resources for CCNA?

alexkurbanalexkurban MemberMember Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
I was preparing to pass the exam of Comptia N + but I have seen that in my country (Spain) this certificate does not usually ask for it and that is more recognized the CCNA apart from that according to I understand they have raised a lot the level and that the questions are much more Complex, so few people approve.I am 30 years old and I am working in a fast food restaurant to pay for my studies (finally). I want to start working in any company even if it is Helpdesk or Tech support at least to gain experience.My goal is to be a pentester but I know that I need a solid knowledge on networks and systems administration. I have set myself the goal of getting the MCSA, CCNA and Comptia Sec + this year. I've been preparing for the Comptia Net + exam for about 3 months and I've been told that the syllabus is similar to CCENT.I have Lammle's book and the CBT Nuggets videos to get me ready.Does anyone have any other resource? Test sites? books? Or is ok with what I have?Thanks for the answers in advance

Comments

  • Uriah7Uriah7 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    alexkurban wrote: »
    I was preparing to pass the exam of Comptia N + but I have seen that in my country (Spain) this certificate does not usually ask for it and that is more recognized the CCNA apart from that according to I understand they have raised a lot the level and that the questions are much more Complex, so few people approve.I am 30 years old and I am working in a fast food restaurant to pay for my studies (finally). I want to start working in any company even if it is Helpdesk or Tech support at least to gain experience.My goal is to be a pentester but I know that I need a solid knowledge on networks and systems administration. I have set myself the goal of getting the MCSA, CCNA and Comptia Sec + this year. I've been preparing for the Comptia Net + exam for about 3 months and I've been told that the syllabus is similar to CCENT.I have Lammle's book and the CBT Nuggets videos to get me ready.Does anyone have any other resource? Test sites? books? Or is ok with what I have?Thanks for the answers in advance

    You are fine with the Lammle book and CBT for the CCENT. For the CCNA, add the Boson practice exams.
  • duta74duta74 Member Posts: 143
    For your situation, no experience, no access real hardware, I'll recommend to take few month itpro.tv premium monthly subscription.
    They have courses from their trainer Don Pezet:
    https://itpro.tv/course-library/ccent2017/overview70734/
    https://itpro.tv/course-library/ccna-routing-switching4/overview70739/
    Which included access to Trancender practice exam and PracticeLabs labs with real equipment.
    They also have an accelerated courses with Todd Lammle:
    https://itpro.tv/course-library/ccent-updated-2016/introduction-icnd1/
    https://itpro.tv/course-library/ccna-routing-switching2/introduction-icnd2/
  • alexkurbanalexkurban Member Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Uriah7 wrote: »
    You are fine with the Lammle book and CBT for the CCENT. For the CCNA, add the Boson practice exams.

    So, with the videos of Jeremy Cioara, the book and the application for iOS Lammle could be able to pass the ICND1 but to do then the ICND2 will need Boson?

    For ICND2 i have GNS3 with VMware, 3 Cisco IOS (i bought them) and my computer have 32GB of ram.
    I schedule the exam for April 28 because i have over 25h/week to study.I've been doing the Lammle test and I'm doing well. Do you think it would be useful to buy the Boson for ICND1 as support?
  • Hatch1921Hatch1921 Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CRISTOBAL1492 Udemy promo code... if this doesn't work... Google Udemy promo codes. You can buy courses for as little as $10.




    Now.. head over to Udemy.com and search for Chris Bryant. He is easy to listen to IMO and does a great job covering the topics you need to learn for the CCNA exam.


    Then head over to GNS3.com and download GNS3....


    Or, if you can find a copy of Cisco's Packet Tracer... either one will help you understand how the equipment works... best of all... FREE!




    For a few $'s ... tons of quality info/software.




    Another ...great free resource... Dan's Courses on YouTube.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/danscourses/playlists




    Hope this helps.
    Hatch
  • jws86jws86 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    duta74 wrote: »
    For your situation, no experience, no access real hardware, I'll recommend to take few month itpro.tv premium monthly subscription.
    They have courses from their trainer Don Pezet:
    https://itpro.tv/course-library/ccent2017/overview70734/
    https://itpro.tv/course-library/ccna-routing-switching4/overview70739/
    Which included access to Trancender practice exam and PracticeLabs labs with real equipment.
    They also have an accelerated courses with Todd Lammle:
    https://itpro.tv/course-library/ccent-updated-2016/introduction-icnd1/
    https://itpro.tv/course-library/ccna-routing-switching2/introduction-icnd2/

    Would 2nd the itprotv subscription. Have had mine for about 3 weeks and I'm really enjoying it.
    Currently studying for CCNA R&S
  • Uriah7Uriah7 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    alexkurban wrote: »
    So, with the videos of Jeremy Cioara, the book and the application for iOS Lammle could be able to pass the ICND1 but to do then the ICND2 will need Boson?

    For ICND2 i have GNS3 with VMware, 3 Cisco IOS (i bought them) and my computer have 32GB of ram.
    I schedule the exam for April 28 because i have over 25h/week to study.I've been doing the Lammle test and I'm doing well. Do you think it would be useful to buy the Boson for ICND1 as support?

    I passed ICND1 with just Lammle's book and my physical lab. I needed the Boson practice tests for ICND2 because Lammle's book does not cover all objectives but Boson does. Lammle mentions a few objectives but never elaborated on them. Those few objectives will be covered by Boson. I can get you a list of the objectives that Lammle missed if you would like.
  • alexkurbanalexkurban Member Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Uriah7 wrote: »
    I passed ICND1 with just Lammle's book and my physical lab. I needed the Boson practice tests for ICND2 because Lammle's book does not cover all objectives but Boson does. Lammle mentions a few objectives but never elaborated on them. Those few objectives will be covered by Boson. I can get you a list of the objectives that Lammle missed if you would like.


    So I did not buy the Boson tests and I save the money for the ICND2. I bought the application for iOS of Lammle to do the tests you have and if you could recommend some website with tests to do? For me it is not a problem to spend 100 $ on the Boson tests if that helps me pass the ICND1. What would you do?
  • dazl1212dazl1212 Member Posts: 377
    Hi, what is the best CCENT/CCNA course on UDEMY?

    There's so many to choose from.
    Goals for 2013 Network+ [x] ICND1 [x] ICND2 [ ]
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    Boson exams, a lil pricey but very good practice tests and teach you a ton!
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    dazl1212 wrote: »
    Hi, what is the best CCENT/CCNA course on UDEMY?

    There's so many to choose from.

    Chris Bryant's CCNA videos are the best by far.
  • dazl1212dazl1212 Member Posts: 377
    Ah I got David Bombals complete course as it seems laid out like the Rest out labsim series. Hope it's good.
    Goals for 2013 Network+ [x] ICND1 [x] ICND2 [ ]
  • dazl1212dazl1212 Member Posts: 377
    I meant to say test out
    Goals for 2013 Network+ [x] ICND1 [x] ICND2 [ ]
  • Jason TaylorJason Taylor Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You might also have a look at this : www.ndtrainings.com
Sign In or Register to comment.