Could someone sponsor me for the CISSP and help fulfill your CISSP duty to promote?

SecurityMan9SecurityMan9 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Could someone sponsor me for the CISSP and help fulfill your CISSP duty to promote the profession.

If of course you think I'm qualified after seeing my resume and asking me questions regarding my security experience.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• CyberSecurityCyberSecurity Member Posts: 85 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Send me a PM when you get a chance. I'll take a look for you.
    Ph.D. IT [UC] - 50% complete
    M.S.C.I.A. [WGU] - Completed 6/2018
    B.S.I.T.M. [WGU] - Completed 4/2017
  • SoCalGuy858SoCalGuy858 Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Why not request an endorsement directly from (ISC)2? I just went through it and it was absolutely painless.
    LinkedIn - Just mention you're from TE!
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If of course you think I'm qualified after seeing my resume and asking me questions regarding my security experience.
    Do you have a LinkedIn page?
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Why not request an endorsement directly from (ISC)2? I just went through it and it was absolutely painless.

Same here. The person at my work was so flaky when dealing with them after they agreed to endorse me that I just sent my stuff off to (ISC)2 and it was quick and painless. Took maybe 3-4 weeks for them to grant credentials.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • scoobydoesscoobydoes Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Agree with JoJo and SoCal. I went through (ISC)2 and within 4 weeks I was official.
  • SecurityMan9SecurityMan9 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What kind of stuff do you need to send to ISC(2)? Resume, description of projects, roles, certifications? Anything else?
  • scoobydoesscoobydoes Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Along with the endorsement form, I sent in my resume, degree verification and certification verification(either one of these is requested to get a time waiver of 12 months, although I did not need it).

I approached the process of giving them all the information they may need to verify my experience, education etc. I don't like to go back and forth with anyone or any organization that keeps requesting more info, just give it all to them so you can move forward and feel confident in receiving your endorsement from them. It worked great for me!
  • SecurityMan9SecurityMan9 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Same here. The person at my work was so flaky when dealing with them after they agreed to endorse me.

This is what seems like BS, the ISC(2) makes CISSPs agree to promote the profession, but then don't enforce, or encourage, that AT ALL. What they should do I make a CISSP endorse or give specific reasons why they are denying a candidate when requested, and penalize them if they ignore or flat out decline an endorsement request.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    This is what seems like BS, the ISC(2) makes CISSPs agree to promote the profession, but then don't enforce, or encourage, that AT ALL. What they should do I make a CISSP endorse or give specific reasons why they are denying a candidate when requested, and penalize them if they ignore or flat out decline an endorsement request.

In this case it was just a lack of response and general unprofessionalism when dealing with it that once I passed, I just sent my stuff in to (ISC)2 myself rather than her. It was also easy in my case because I had more than the needed experience just at my current InfoSec job.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework