CEH Pass 03/27/17

canito487canito487 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just passed the CEHv9 Exam.

The exam took me about 1 hour and 45 minutes. I finished the exam at about 1 hour, the rest of the time was used just reviewing.

This exam was required for my M.S. Cybersecurity and Information Assurance at WGU.

Materials I used:

- Matt Walker's AIO
- CBT Nuggets CEH by Keith Barker - Watched all videos. Highly recommend this series.
- BOSON Exam Simulator - Definitely use these. They are way harder than the real exam and prepare you well
- Also ran through some of the official EC council labs since they were provided by university. I would recommend labs 3 & 4: Scanning and Enumeration.
- Darril Gibson's Security+ - I reviewed this book and I would say in total honesty about 60% of the exam was the same material lol.
If you have the Security+, this exam is not much harder just know NMAP for sure and other pen testing tools.
- I also created this quizlet that might be useful for anyone else:
https://quizlet.com/191254304/cehv9-flash-cards/

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask.

Good luck! :D

Comments

• 9bits9bits Member Posts: 138 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats... if it was not the high price of the exam vs ROI. I would do it too..
  • wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Work want me to do this otherwise i wouldn't touch it
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • IronmanXIronmanX Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Captain_DeadpoolCaptain_Deadpool Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the details! i plan on getting the cert sometime later this year.

Congrats on the pass!
  • scoobydoesscoobydoes Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks a bunch canito and congratulations. Need to take this soon and the tips are much appreciated icon_smile.gif Using a lot of the same study materials. Took a quick look at your quizlet flash cards. Very nice job! Thank you again!!!!
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • jmb19jmb19 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and thanks for the tips!
  • mithuuu85mithuuu85 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation

Could you provide me the link to download the materials for CEH(videos, lab, book)

Regards,
    Midhun P.K