Options

Passed CEH 30th March 2017

sankan101sankan101 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I want to announce that I have passed the CEH exam.

Unfortunately they dont give a score just a result.

Don't have security experience so I have paid for the training which included exam. I used this forum, Bosson, Matt Walker's All in One book with (comes with book, test exam etc..) and material provided during the exam.

Very few questions came from the practice test itself however they were similar. Many questions scared me but somehow managed to pass it.

One thing to notice is that they need someone to proof read their questions, lots of grammatical and spelling error for the exam worth USD500.00

If you want to ask questions, feel free.

Comments

• Options
    scenicroutescenicroute Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'll be taking this one soon and I'm a little nervous, mostly because the test now costs $700/attempt.
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I don't remember my exam but that's what everybody is saying, lots of spelling mistakes.
  • Options
    t9ar91t9ar91 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    sankan101 wrote: »
    One thing to notice is that they need someone to proof read their questions, lots of grammatical and spelling error for the exam worth USD500.00

Welcome to EC-Council! That's the name of the game, and what you get with a non-native English speaker running the company and having his buddies make the exam based off of random things they find off of google.in
  • Options
    tchad23tchad23 Member Posts: 10 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Lesson's learned? Anything you saw a lot of that require more focus? I'm testing next Thursday (if the army gets my voucher paid for) and will take any advice I can get.
  • Options
    bamahonkybamahonky Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    sankan101sankan101 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    tchad23 wrote: »
    Lesson's learned? Anything you saw a lot of that require more focus? I'm testing next Thursday (if the army gets my voucher paid for) and will take any advice I can get.

My advice would be to go through all the practice tests you have. I went through Matt Walker's book and practice exams (about 300 in book and 300 in software) and Bosson (about 500). That will clear most of the concepts. Only handful of questions will come directly from there so do not treat it as a brain ****. I took two days off from work before an exam to prepare and it paid off. The exam will definitely include surprise questions which were part of anything you heard or read so take that into consideration. I heard some people says that it is easy exam but for me it wasn't, I am not the brightest amongst the coop anyway.
  • Options
    xcopyxcopy Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nicely done!
    C|EH, CASP, C|DNA, ITIL, VCP6, MCITP:EA + others