Passed my Net+ today

edgg51edgg51 Posts: 13Member ■□□□□□□□□□
I was a bit unsure when I hit click to end exam, and the dreadful time going through those surveys made me extremely nervous. But when I got to the score page and saw that I passed (757 score) gave me a feeling of relief. I literally studied for more than 12 hours a day for the last 3 weeks and I used these resources:

Comments

• p@r0tuXus[email protected] Posts: 532Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Do you have much experience?
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • edgg51edgg51 Posts: 13Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks!
    I don't have any experience in networking, I have only worked as freelance computer tech. I'm hoping with these two certs will land a job in IT to really get into it.
  • t9ar91t9ar91 Posts: 10Member ■□□□□□□□□□
  • NissekiNisseki Posts: 160Member
    Congrats on your success.

Got any top tips for the exam?
  • edgg51edgg51 Posts: 13Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks @t9ar91 & @Nisseki. One thing that helped me a lot was taking the 30 minutes they give to read the agreements to write down a few terms and steps that could come up in the exam. I did a table to convert decimal => binary =>hexadecimal. I also did a table to help with subnetting so I wouldn't have to be doing hard calculations during the exam, I wrote the OSI model, troubleshooting steps, basic forensic procedures, and IP classes. That really saved me a lot of time during the actual exam, I finished in about 78 minutes.
  • Thoth_DhwtyThoth_Dhwty A+ NET+ SEC+ UKPosts: 96Member ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Gaming Tech Expert Silicon Valley, CAPosts: 4,009Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, GCP Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • marianonamorosomarianonamoroso eCPPT, eJPT, SEC+, CCNA CO/S/RS Posts: 48Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • hunterthuntert Posts: 231Banned
    congradulations
  • Deus Ex MachinaDeus Ex Machina Posts: 127Member
    Congrats, that test is a bruiser.
    "The winner takes it all"
  • greg9891greg9891 Posts: 1,174Member ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    Certs Gained 2018: CCENT ,210-255 ( Cyber Security Operations)
    Upcoming: ICND2, CTT, 210-250 (Cyber Security Fundamentals)

Isaiah 28:10 - For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line; here a little, and there a little.