Options

Compatibility View Setting

coldbugcoldbug Member Posts: 189
I was troubleshooting a ticket and found out something which I never paid attention or knew about.
User complained that she is getting error message when she tries to access "Careers" Tab. The message is Compatible View error. Saying her version of browser is not compatible with that particular page.
Something was telling me to go to Internet Settings, and there it was. "Compatibility View Settings" Unchecked the box "Display Intranet sites in Compatibility View" and Removed the site from "Websites you have added to Compatibility View".
Problem solved...Error message gone.

Ok...I fixed the ticket, but can someone explain to me like I'm a 6 years old about this. I'm still trying to understand what it is for.
"If you want to kick the tiger in his ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth."

Comments

• Options
    PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Compatibility view is for websites that were designed to be opened with older versions of IE. Intranet websites are set to display in compatibility view by default.
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE