Options

passed this one the first time with 835 !

arnoutarnout Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
(not posting for congrats, just sharing my experience)

This really was a difficult exam, I took 3 1/2 hours to finish.

For preparation I used two books :

- the Microsoft Exam 70-290 book ( Not a bad book, some of the exercisers are good)

- the new SYBEX (second edition) Windows Server 2003 Envrionment Management and Maintenance.
This book is very good I think, lots of good questions / answers and exercises and the cd has 2 exams on it that are good for practising.

And I also used the Learnkey CBT, and this site.But the main thing is to pracitice everything a lot, do as many practice questions as you can find.

I never thought I would pass, but to my surprise I did. I had to guess a couple of questions. ( I have 5 years experience in IT, mainly in helpdesk jobs. I allready passed the 70-270. 70-291 is next)

Good luck to everybody who is preparing for 70-290 !!
be yourself, believe in me !

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats! good luck on the next!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sounds like my situation.

I hope to pass the 290 in a few weeks, and then pray constantly about the 291 :).
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude.......
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    gabrielbtoledogabrielbtoledo Member Posts: 217
    Thanks for sharing your experience.
    I have to pass 70-290 at any cost, and to make worse, I only have till the 8th of May to take the exam.

I will sure try my hard.
    A+ Certified - Network+ - MCP (70-290)
    MCSA - CCNA - Security+ (soon)
  • Options
    norman1nznorman1nz Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for sharing your experience.
    I have to pass 70-290 at any cost, and to make worse, I only have till the 8th of May to take the exam.

I will sure try my hard.
    have u passed 270?
    how come u have to pass at any cost?
  • Options
    I haven't taken 270 yet. It will be my next one (after CCNA).
    If I pass the 290 Monday, it means I don't have to take the final exam for my class on Tuesday. Also if I pass on Monady, it means I'm done with school and graduating on May 20th. It will be my last exam.
  • Options
    ArbeiderArbeider Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well I've done this exam last monday and made it with exactly the sam score. I used same books aswell as transcender and **** to test my knowledge. I didn't need that much time (spent little of 1 hour and 18 mins) but I know how tough it was. Congratulations and on the the 291.
    Certifications: ITILF / MCP / MCDST
    Passed the: EX0-100 / 70-270 / 70-271 / 70-272 / 70-290
    Next to do: 70-284 / 70-285 / 70-291 / 70-293 / 70-294 / 70-297 / 70-298 / 70-299 / 70-350
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    i am a lover of Sybex and not too keen on MS Books, do you advise anyone to read MS to pass the exam or is it possible by just reading Sybex
  • Options
    shamrocker98shamrocker98 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! This is a tough one!
  • Options
    soojinsoojin Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Congrats arnout for relying on authentic materials and not cheats like some morons.

I wonder where these other bunch of cheaters/losers came from?
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • Options
    Cheaterland perhaps?
    Yeah and then after those 3 months, his boss will check his cert and then fire him... because he doesn't know how to acomplish anything.
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Hi

How can you call it an achievement when you clearly read all the answers before the test, you are cheating yourself and one day you will hope you had revised the real way because you wont know anything.

Le H
  • Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    soojin wrote:
    I start with some MOC books and frustrated with huge contents.
    awwwww. i feel so sorry for you, it must be so frustrating to have to actually learn in order to pass your exams.

let's face it, they really do owe you those certs, and if those darn MS guys want to make life difficult for you by not providing you with the precise questions and answers to your exam, why then, by all means, feel wholly justified in obtaining the answers from the only other sensible party, ****, who obviously understand your plight and are the only ones who can see reason and will cater to your needs.
    witty comment