Passed the 70-410

ksmith40516ksmith40516 Posts: 9Member ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed it on the first try. I was really worried about it but it was easier than I thought. I used Transcender, MSCA: 70-410 by Poulton, and a small home lab. I really only used the lab the last two weeks. I started in Jan. and usually studied about 3 or 4 hours a day. Now on it the 70-411.

Comments

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb They are watching you Posts: 3,132Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nice, congrats!
  • ViolatedViolated Posts: 31Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Posts: 488Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job on passing the exam!!
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2018 - *MCSA* / 2019 - *Security+*
    2019 - *CEH* / 2020 - * Pen Tester*
  • njclay2004njclay2004 Posts: 15Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
  • greg9891greg9891 Posts: 1,159Member ■■■■■■□□□□
    Excellent News man congrats in passing your exam.
    Certs Gained 2018: CCENT ,210-255 ( Cyber Security Operations)
    Upcoming: ICND2, CTT, 210-250 (Cyber Security Fundamentals)

Isaiah 28:10 - For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line; here a little, and there a little.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Gaming Tech Expert Silicon Valley, CAPosts: 3,987Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
  • AvgITGeekAvgITGeek Senior Member Posts: 223Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well done!

What is your experience with Server 2012? How many years with it, what your day to day interaction is with it.
  • kye.daveykye.davey Posts: 27Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Posts: 1,035Member ■■■■■□□□□□
    congrats and good luck!
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Posts: 471Member
    Great news! Congratulations and good luck with the 411!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Posts: 557Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome job! I'm looking to finally take mine in a few weeks. Here's to hoping.
  • ksmith40516ksmith40516 Posts: 9Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    I forgot I also used the Networked Minds videos. They are really good as well.
    Again,

What is your experience with Server 2012? How many years with it, what your day to day interaction is with it?

I'm curious to see how much experience plays into how easy it is to get this cert. You have side stepped my first question.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Posts: 1,472Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
  • ksmith40516ksmith40516 Posts: 9Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    AvgITGeek wrote: »
    Again,

What is your experience with Server 2012? How many years with it, what your day to day interaction is with it?

I'm curious to see how much experience plays into how easy it is to get this cert. You have side stepped my first question.

20 of the 78 servers I support are 2012 R2. All are DCs. I started working with 2012 R2 last year when I promoted the first 2012 R2 DC in our domain. There were some topics that I had worked with but there were quite a number that I had not worked with. I have been a Systems Admin for 4 years.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 California Kid Posts: 2,735Mod Mod
    Congrats on passing on the first go!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: eJPT, Learning: Linux/CLI, Git, Python, Pentesting
    Next Up:​ eJPT, eCPPTv2, OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (CLI, Git, Python), eLearnSecurity PTSv3
  • andmwasandmwas Posts: 2Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats
    On the path of getting my certification.
    20 of the 78 servers I support are 2012 R2. All are DCs. I started working with 2012 R2 last year when I promoted the first 2012 R2 DC in our domain. There were some topics that I had worked with but there were quite a number that I had not worked with. I have been a Systems Admin for 4 years.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, experience was in your favor. It sounds like you may be really hands on in a medium sized environment so depending on that, the 70-411 could be doable pretty quickly.