Options

Any active study group for 70-411?

WinuserWinuser Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi People,

After completing 70-410, i have attempted 70-411 once but couldn't get through it.

So, planning to start the preparations from first as I haven't prepared well the previous time.

Is there Any study groups available for 70-411 which is active? Also, do pm me, if you want to be my study partner.

If so, do pm me.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm not aware of a study group - per se. However, if you have a question or need some help as you go along, feel free to hit me up.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • Options
    AvgITGeekAvgITGeek Member Posts: 342 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah. Post any questions to the forum. You'll find many people willing to help out.

I have no idea why so many people post for help but then want personal help. Why not want forum help? I have my suspicions though. cough *cheater* cough
  • Options
    Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I believe most users on here study on there own since everyone has different schedules before of family, school, or work. I myself started studying for the 411.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • Options
    MothoWaBatho49MothoWaBatho49 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi. I wrote my 70-410 yesterday and I passed it by 743. I am now planning to write 70-411 in July 2017. I need the Exam Ref book by Charlie Russel.
  • Options
    Thank you.
    poolmanjim wrote: »
    I'm not aware of a study group
  • Options
    Thanks. No, right now, I want to be a part of a study group. That's because if I sit and study individually, am not able to concentrate. I have tried many methods and I found that I understand and learn things well when I am with a group or at least a couple of people.
    AvgITGeek wrote: »
    Yeah. Post any questions to the forum. You'll find many people willing to help out.

I have no idea why so many people post for help but then want personal help. Why not want forum help? I have my suspicions though. cough *cheater* cough
  • Options
    Thank you. yes, you are right. but in my case, I spend entire time in searching the relevant materials and resouces to start with
  • Options
    Congarts. Even I passed around with the same score I think.
    Hi. I wrote my 70
  • Options
    truenerdtruenerd Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm studying to take the 70-411 exam and using numerous resources (skillsoft, Lynda, Sybex MCSA, MS Press books, etc.) and nothing is as good as building the servers in a virtual environment. Using Evaluation versions of WS 2012R2 in Hyper-V on my WIN 10 machine, but can't get all the Roles to run as smoothly as all the instructors'. My VMs crash, don't shutdown properly and now one of them won't run the event manager. I would like to work with someone that has experience with WS 2012R2 and the roles discussed in the 411 exam.
  • Options
    Hi,
    do pm me. I can help you with what I know. Am in learning phase too.
  • Options
    Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes 70-411 looks like you will have to learn a lot of powershell commands. I started reading plus working on the lab. Last night I starting some lab work and really enjoyed it that it's working and I understand it.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • Options
    Thanx all for offering help.
    One thing that I'm really hung up understanding is why in NPS, why there are two separate policies; Connection Request Pol and Network pol. They appear to have the same capabilities.

~DJ~
  • Options
    Abi4ITAbi4IT Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am also studying for the 70-411. Plan to do the exam by end of May 2017.

Going through CBTnuggets videos and have seen some of Pluralsight.
    Using CBT labs for now.

Also found some good short videos on youtube that are helpful.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLimvm-6AkZMastwvwHlxanNnkdQXEEgaZ

Let me know if you guys find good resources.
  • Options
    Hello Abi4IT

I checked out Bryan OConnor's YouTube demos and they are for the older certification (20-411). The current Cert is 70-411 for WS 2012 R2. There are quite a few differences and the exam will focus on those differences.

Check out the Microsoft MCSA (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKWqPrqG4yyTb9yrfzDBBiq9hZCeO5ZyV ) channel. Up to date as of March of this year.

By far the SkillSoft (IT Certifications | Online IT Training | Skillsoft) series is the deepest delving content instruction.
    Yes the subscription is crazy expensive (they have a free trail), but I get it with my enrollment in Western Governors University ( https://www.wgu.edu/online_it_degrees/programs ), which by the way will give me a BS in IT and IT Certifications for each class (at a fixed rate of $2900 per semester [6 months]. To my knowledge no other university, online or other offers.

~DJ~
  • Options
    drakerdraker Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    testout is pretty good. Going through their material now. they have interactive labs you run through to setup and configure stuff. It's not as comprehensive as your own lab would be though. It worked for me on the 410.

I also used infiniteSkills and the Exam Ref books.
    Break time..!