Options

CISSP/SEC+ RMF DJSIG job at Fort Drum NY

tunerXtunerX Member Posts: 447 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just put in my two weeks at my current job so it will be open later this month. This is the old job position.

Job board For Veterans - CACI International Information Security Engineer 2 (Fort Drum, NY) in Fort Drum, New York, United States

My offer letter was actually for Information Security Engineer, Principal.

I had an MS/BS, SEC+ and 19 years experience when I applied for it. I was allowed 6 months to get my CISSP and got it in February.

The position also requires TS/SCI and you will eventually need to get your CI polygraph.

I was able to negotiate 155K with standard med/dental/vision benefits. But that would be a negotiation between you the program manager and HR to get yours.

Comments

• Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Must not have been there too long before jumping ship?
  • Options
    I started December 5th. I found out that I am not interested in a purely policy focused job. I like to get my hands into technical aspects of the job but there are certain restrictions when you work DJSIG and RMF.

I could do some high level technical tasks but was frozen out of the nitty gritty low level stuff.
  • Options
    MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats on the new position. What are you going to do in the new role?
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    tunerX wrote: »
    I found out that I am not interested in a purely policy focused job.

I think most of us can relate to that. Grats on the new role.
  • Options
    MitM wrote: »
    congrats on the new position. What are you going to do in the new role?

U.S. Army | PEO C3T | Program Executive Office Command Control Communications-Tactical

When the Army fields equipment they use PEO-C3T TNIC to control addressing and network configuration as a centralized control point. We take a customers base configurations, build templates from them and distribute them Army wide.

Part of the process involves reviewing device configurations and sharpshooting them with the technology provider. If we see problems in their configuration that will impact other parts of the network we work with them to massage the configuration to something that can scale. I will be replacing another CCIE who moved on to a different set of projects.

Most of the technology providers do their configurations in a bubble where they don't interact with other systems or in large network with a bunch of moving parts.
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think most of us can relate to that. Grats on the new role.

Exactly.......

Policy icon_silent.gif