Options

Question for you eCPPT -> OSCP people

SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
For people who passed the eCPPT and then went on to the OSCP and passed, how much lab time did you purchase and was it enough?

I know many people say its good prep, but I'm trying to plan my time, I'd like to attempt eCPPT by June and OSCP after BH/DCON this year. Wondering if I still need the full 90 days.
OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.

Comments

• Options
    chazb0tchazb0t Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just passed eCPPT and bought the full 90 days OSCP I start April 29th, I have no experience or background so I'd rather be safe than sorry. I think after the first 30 days I'm going to attempt the exam as it's only $60 to retake, so I don't have to pay for more lab time if I fail.
  • Options
    SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good tactic... when I will do OSCP, I will proceed like that. After 30-45 days, I will attempt the exam as exam retake are less expensive that lab time :)
  • Options
    TreySongTreySong Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    chazb0t wrote: »
    I just passed eCPPT and bought the full 90 days OSCP I start April 29th, I have no experience or background so I'd rather be safe than sorry. I think after the first 30 days I'm going to attempt the exam as it's only $60 to retake, so I don't have to pay for more lab time if I fail.

I am starting on the 23rd April. Let's stay in touch. There are a number of others starting about the same time. We can all get together and help one another.
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Have not taken the OSCP yet but I do know from the blog posts I have read that people generally go for the 90 days of lab time. My consensus would be that it is better to have the lab time and not need it than to have to go back and purchase additional lab time.
  • Options
    Dr. FluxxDr. Fluxx Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mooseboost wrote: »
    Have not taken the OSCP yet but I do know from the blog posts I have read that people generally go for the 90 days of lab time. My consensus would be that it is better to have the lab time and not need it than to have to go back and purchase additional lab time.

Ive heard the same...and its actually cheaper too.
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I suggest buying the 90 days as well. I took the exam after 60 days and passed but if I had failed I still would've gotten another month of lab time.