Do you think I'm ready?

MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
I just took all the practice exams on this website.

I got 90% - 93% and then 90% on the exams.

Do you think I'm ready?

For some odd reason I still don't feel 100% confident.

Oh and I didn't use that **** button either.
2017 Certification Goals:
CCNP R/S

Comments

• PsychoAUPsychoAU Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    those practice tests are easier than the real thing. but I think you are ready. study some more on troubleshooting situations as that is a concentration on the test...
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    PsychoAU wrote:
    those practice tests are easier than the real thing. but I think you are ready. study some more on troubleshooting situations as that is a concentration on the test...

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate your help.
    CCNP R/S
  • ja5983ja5983 Member Posts: 129
    Honestly, I really dont think the practice tests on this site are easier than the real thing. In fact, from my experience using this site and MCMCSEs site, i would say that their tests live up to the rigors of the real tests in almost every way, and IMO in the cases of CompTIA certs surpass the certifications level of difficulty.

When i was getting 90%s on the questions here i would figure im ready and went and took the test, so far my comptia record is

A+ Hardware - perfect score
    A+ Software - missed 1 question
    Network+ - missed 1 question
    on and on....

so anyway, if your getting 90s here, you might want to try MCMCSE or a 3rd party testing app to make sure you are not memorizing questions, however, if you do good there, you are probably ready.
    Josh
    A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, TICSA, CCNA, MCSA, AS Network Engineering
    ja5983 wrote:
    Honestly, I really dont think the practice tests on this site are easier than the real thing. In fact, from my experience using this site and MCMCSEs site, i would say that their tests live up to the rigors of the real tests in almost every way, and IMO in the cases of CompTIA certs surpass the certifications level of difficulty.

When i was getting 90%s on the questions here i would figure im ready and went and took the test, so far my comptia record is

A+ Hardware - perfect score
    A+ Software - missed 1 question
    Network+ - missed 1 question
    on and on....

so anyway, if your getting 90s here, you might want to try MCMCSE or a 3rd party testing app to make sure you are not memorizing questions, however, if you do good there, you are probably ready.

Where'd I find one of those testing applications?
    CCNP R/S
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    For some odd reason I still don't feel 100% confident.
    Um.... not sure if you ever will. I've never felt 100% before a certification exam and not sure I'd ever find the time to get that much studying in to hit the 100% ready mark :D

But it does sound like you're ready -- just keep reviewing the test topics in whatever time you have left before your test date.

Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    My exam is TOMORROW!!

I just took the 3 tests that you guys offer on here... I got 100% on each one of them.

I KNOW I'm ready! :D

I'll let you know the results when I get back home!
    CCNP R/S
    **UPDATE**

I'm taking the exam tomorrow instead. I just tried to book it and it won't let me do it for today!

So, I've booked it for tomorrow... which means, extra study study study for today!
    CCNP R/S
    Passed this morning!
    CCNP R/S
  • gabrielbtoledogabrielbtoledo Member Posts: 217
    Congrats.
    Now what else?
    A+ Certified - Network+ - MCP (70-290)
    MCSA - CCNA - Security+ (soon)
    Erm...

I can't decide.

I want to take 70-270. I have a friend who has gave me his TestOut copy to work through.

I REALLY want to do the CCNA, but I think it might go straight over my head.

There's also, Server+, Security+ and possibly Linux+ (although I have no knowledge with linux, probably best to get myself a copy and work through it)

I'll probably take the 70-270 and then probably work towards another Microsoft certification.

Anyone recommend a path for me to take?
    CCNP R/S