Options

CyberSecurity jobs in Sales / Technical Marketing / Business Development Fields

kabooterkabooter Member Posts: 115
I have been sitting in front of Monitors for way too long. 2 Decades almost and am sick of it. I have picked up quite a few certs in cyber security and am in the middle of making a transition to cyber security from IT help desk.
However my heart is truly in Business development, Sales, Technical marketing as I have been in sales before and it is something I love.
Does anyone know what kind of above mentioned jobs are available involving deep knowledge of cyber security? And do you even recommend getting into sales etc. and thus possibly diluting the real hands on InfoSec knowledge which can fetch big bucks in 7/8 years from now?

Comments

• Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You may want to explore sales engineering. Business development role such as sales - especially tech sales will generally have a higher compensation than a pure technical role. Why do you think that hands-on infosec pays more than sales? In most businesses that I've worked, the revenue side of the business is generally better compensated than the expense side of the business - or at least there is no ceiling on compensation.