After A+ ?

achourachour Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everybody ,
i pass my a+ exam and now i dont know if will pass the net+ exams or CCNA ?
what you suggest ?
Thanks

Comments

  • Deus Ex MachinaDeus Ex Machina Member Posts: 127
    Hello achour, and welcome to our forums!

    In terms of suggestions, it depends on your current circumstances.

    What is your experience level in IT? Have you been working in the field for a while, or are you a newcomer? If you are a newcomer, completing the CompTIA trio (A+, Network+, Security+) might be a good idea, as it is vendor neutral and will give you some flexibility in where you go in your career.

    If you have been working in IT for a little while and have some familiarity/interest in Cisco routing in particular, the CCNA is a good call.
    "The winner takes it all"
  • achourachour Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you very much for your answer. Yes I am between two phases, I have an experience in the IT world, but I am a new immigrant in the united states and I have concluded that here one must have certifications to have a job. So I started with the A +, and then I hesitate between the trio campTIA or directly the CCNA.
    Hello achour, and welcome to our forums!

    In terms of suggestions, it depends on your current circumstances.

    What is your experience level in IT? Have you been working in the field for a while, or are you a newcomer? If you are a newcomer, completing the CompTIA trio (A+, Network+, Security+) might be a good idea, as it is vendor neutral and will give you some flexibility in where you go in your career.

    If you have been working in IT for a little while and have some familiarity/interest in Cisco routing in particular, the CCNA is a good call.
  • 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 976 ■■■■■□□□□□
    My vote is Network+ before CCNA. Gives you the 101 before moving on to the 201.
  • Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    I would say opposite. Do ccent whih will give you the same basics as the net+ and also get you half way to ccna
  • achourachour Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My vote is Network+ before CCNA. Gives you the 101 before moving on to the 201.

    Of course. Yes this is what I think to do, so I have consulted the objectives of network + certification and I do not think it too difficult to take since generally it represents the basic concepts of computer networks. Thank you :)
  • achourachour Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Welly_59 wrote: »
    I would say opposite. Do ccent whih will give you the same basics as the net+ and also get you half way to ccna
    Hi Welly , So what you think about : A+ --> NEtwork + ---> SEC+ and After CCNA ?
  • init6init6 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would definitely recommend Network+ next. It will give you a baseline of knowledge about TCP/IP networking, and that's pretty much what the rest of IT is built on top of. I would recommend it before Security+, because Sec+ will revisit some concepts from Net+. You will find the knowledge gained in earning Net+ to be invaluable when pursuing higher level certs like CCNA, if you're wanting to do "pure networking," and of course if you go the systems administration route as well.

    For example, I am retraining myself for a Linux sysadmin role with the view to eventually secure a DevOps role. So I passed Amazon AWS Solutions Architect Associate exam last Monday. There are a lot of questions about VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) on that exam, and I found those questions and the entire VPC portion of the courses I took to be easy, precisely because I have a good foundation in IP networking.

    Good luck with whatever route you choose!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Agree do Network+ then Security+ then start your CCNA.

    One thing about the CCNA though I highly recommend taking it in 2 parts (ICND1 then ICND2)

    It is a lot of material to cover for the combined exam if you don't have the experience or a good foundation of networking knowledge that you would gain in Network+
  • Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    I'm presuming your in USA? In the UK , where I am, and in my experience, comptia certs are worthless
  • achourachour Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It is clear now. So the Net + and then Sec + :)
    Agree do Network+ then Security+ then start your CCNA.

    One thing about the CCNA though I highly recommend taking it in 2 parts (ICND1 then ICND2)

    It is a lot of material to cover for the combined exam if you don't have the experience or a good foundation of networking knowledge that you would gain in Network+
  • achourachour Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes Yes It is clear now. So the Net + and then Sec +. Thank you ;)
    init6 wrote: »
    I would definitely recommend Network+ next. It will give you a baseline of knowledge about TCP/IP networking, and that's pretty much what the rest of IT is built on top of. I would recommend it before Security+, because Sec+ will revisit some concepts from Net+. You will find the knowledge gained in earning Net+ to be invaluable when pursuing higher level certs like CCNA, if you're wanting to do "pure networking," and of course if you go the systems administration route as well.

    For example, I am retraining myself for a Linux sysadmin role with the view to eventually secure a DevOps role. So I passed Amazon AWS Solutions Architect Associate exam last Monday. There are a lot of questions about VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) on that exam, and I found those questions and the entire VPC portion of the courses I took to be easy, precisely because I have a good foundation in IP networking.

    Good luck with whatever route you choose!
  • achourachour Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes i'm in USA. That's why :) Thank again
    Welly_59 wrote: »
    I'm presuming your in USA? In the UK , where I am, and in my experience, comptia certs are worthless
  • duta74duta74 Member Posts: 143
    Hi achour,
    What is your previous experience in IT in your country of origin?
    IMHO, you must reinforce your resume(CV) with relevant certificates. For example, if you was a Sysadmin, you must do Network+ cert and some OS certs too, on which you worked, Windows or Linux.
    If you was a Network Admin, you must go to CCNA path and e.t.c.
  • achourachour Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You are right, but I had experience in networks, development as well as in management and I was a project manager but I have not passed certifications in my country of origin, now I am In the USA as an immigrant and I realized that without certification it will not pass here, so I considered to spend some network certif, the time that I adapt to my new life and after two or three years I will aim for the management because to pass the PMP it will not be obvious for the moment especially that I do not have a fluent English, so I will try to find a job with comptia certif and the CCNA after I will think of something else
    duta74 wrote: »
    Hi achour,
    What is your previous experience in IT in your country of origin?
    IMHO, you must reinforce your resume(CV) with relevant certificates. For example, if you was a Sysadmin, you must do Network+ cert and some OS certs too, on which you worked, Windows or Linux.
    If you was a Network Admin, you must go to CCNA path and e.t.c.
Sign In or Register to comment.