Obligatory Failed 70-410 Notice

Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
I gotta say, this exam wasn't as difficult as the Transcender exams made it out to be- but still difficult hence the 675/700 score. I'm going to spend another month going over GPOs and Hyper-V as well as keeping all the other info fresh.

Most of the questions- even the overly verbose ones- were easy to understand but it seemed that some of the answers they provided came from out of left field.

About half way through I knew I wasn't going to make it. And what's with the comments at the end? They wanted me to take 10 minutes to comment on 10+ questions before ending the exam.

Oh well. I got a taste for it now. Round 2 will go differently icon_wink.gif

Comments

• greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yeah I got a 676 the first time around. rescheduled it for a week later studied my but off and got a 765 so just hang in there man. you will definitely get it.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Carljohnson1983Carljohnson1983 Member Posts: 18 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Please can I ask what study material you used for the exam?
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear but you'll get it next time! You're almost there
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I appreciate it guys. I was a little disappointed by my score but I wasn't surprised by it. Something just felt off when I was sitting for the exam- like I knew I just wasn't ready. No worries though. I'm going to really brush up on GPOs and Windows Firewall and Security policies since those were my weakest points.

@CarlJohnson- to answer your question I used Don Poulton's Cert Guide, ITProTV videos and some low level labbing. I don't have the loose change for any real servers so everything I ran was in Hyper-V on my Win10 LT.
    Hey Fulcrum45, how long did you study before sitting for the exam?
    All the best,
    Anderson

Hey Fulcrum45, how long did you study before sitting for the exam?
    Ugh- I think that was part of my problem. I started hitting the books back in Dec. but kept rescheduling the exam due to lack of study time. Did I just stretch my study period out too long?
    Fulcrum45 wrote: »
    Did I just stretch my study period out too long?

No, I don't think so. It's not a matter of how many weeks or months it takes to study but how many hours per day/week you spend. I think consistency is key more than anything. I think with the score you got though you should only have to brush up on the topics you previously mentioned and you'll get it next time for sure.
    All the best,
    Anderson

Appreciate that, Anderson. I've been a bit more consistent with my study time since Monday so I'd like to have my rematch soon- ideally in the next few weeks.
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    just keep at it ... Trust me I know failed many times but keep pushing. Once you start the exam read the question carefully and you will get it. Some answers might be the same but a little different ... it's all about lab and reading it carefully ....
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*