Has anyone ever heard of international Fraternity of Cybercrime Investigators

ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
Has anyone heard of this organization and their training ?

https://www.cybercrimeinvestigators.com/course
I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Never heard of them but I am ready to call BS on that IFCI 500 training. They are trying to cram at least 6-7 real courses into one for just $300. Sure!
  • Dr. FluxxDr. Fluxx Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Scam Central.
    This type of stuff is sad and embarrassing.
    Its reminiscent of the EC Counsel stuff but....cringe worthily worse...if thats a word, which it isnt..but i digress.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    As an investigator in law enforcement who deals with cyber related cases I can tell you I know of no one who has these certs or is part of this organization. Maybe their starting out, but I'd shy away at this point in time.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    As an investigator in law enforcement who deals with cyber related cases I can tell you I know of no one who has these certs or is part of this organization. Maybe their starting out, but I'd shy away at this point in time.

As a guy portraying a movie cop in a sub reddit fantasy role play fan fiction who point of view is a dream in a dream in a dream, in real life....

I agree with this guy.
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • kalikkalik Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I actually got both the course and cert. It's very heavy on Windows forensics, the courseware is only videos - they're quite good but seems like most of the material (as in data structure, artefacts etc.) is for Win XP/Server 2003, but there is data about new OS, I just feel it's less. The exam is multi-choice and the material in the videos is sufficient to pass. Each video module is 1-2h long, so there's quite a lot of data. There's also an image to download for the forensics assignments from each module. For the fraction of a price you get a large chunk of the FOR408.

If you want to start in forensics or have little knowledge in it, it's a good value for money (the course, as the cert carries no value whatsoever).

I personally did not pay for it, I got it through my company, but if I were starting in forensics I'd pay for it. If you've been working in forensics for 1yr+, I wouldn't waste your money and time.
  • MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The company is an LLC created 3 yrs ago based in VA, USA. More than just a small handful of people have gotten "certified". I would avoid it myself. It doesn't look right to me.

• Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Whatevs! You guys are just jealous of my IFCI decoder ring!
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This cert/training program reeks of marketing, marketing, marketing--but lazy and outdated too. Kind of like EC Council, only without DoD blessing.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP