Options

How to make 200K+ in IT?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Packet2070Packet2070 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    At least here in LA I am not seeing many Jobs willing to pay more than $70/hr . There is currently only one Job that's been open for Months, they want a double-CCIE with over 10 years experience and they only want to pay $80/hr, I mean seriously ?
  • Options
    kalimusclekalimuscle Member Posts: 100
    Packet2070 wrote: »
    At least here in LA I am not seeing many Jobs willing to pay more than $70/hr . There is currently only one Job that's been open for Months, they want a double-CCIE with over 10 years experience and they only want to pay $80/hr, I mean seriously ?
    o
    are these full time or contract
    live, learn, grow, fail, rebuild and repeat until your heartbeat stops !
  • Options
    Packet2070Packet2070 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    The above gig I screenshot was sent to me yesterday in the LA/OC area. It was FTE for $170-200K. CCIE-level knowledge but lab not required. If you're getting on the lower scale of that, it's still more than $80/hr and with FTE, you have benefits as well.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    kalimusclekalimuscle Member Posts: 100
    Packet2070 wrote: »
    Contract.

how long is the duration of the contract.
    live, learn, grow, fail, rebuild and repeat until your heartbeat stops !
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    MitM wrote: »
    I'd be happy with 130-150K

Yea I could live with that happily icon_lol.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the great information everyone. What are your opinions on high paying IT jobs you are qualified for but would need to relocate? Are companies pretty open to that? If the job is worth it, I can even pay my own way to relocate. This is my (near) future goal in terms of salary, but I (unfortunately) currently live in a high COL area where $65k-85k is considered high-paying and these jobs are found in the federal / DoD spaces. I also have a family (wife and toddler), this makes the relocation process trickier.
    Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
    Future Plans: MSc + PMP, CCIE/NPx, GIAC...
  • Options
    anhtran35anhtran35 Member Posts: 466
    I know Mantech relocated a family from VA to San Diego. He probably makes above 120k. DOD/FED IT jobs are in demand in DC/MD/VA. COL is high but it really depends. I know people that lives in the boonies and commute up. I know some work remotely.
  • Options
    nachodbanachodba Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @anhtran35, spend 1/3 the cost of a house for 2x the commute. Oh how I don't miss those days of fighting traffic on 7/66/50.
    2020 Goals
    work-life balance