Options

WGU Master's in Computer Science

aderonaderon Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
So this is pretty awesome and I hadn't seen any posts about it on here! I just found out today that a Master's in Computer Science is coming to WGU soon. It's supposed to have a heavy math focus so I'm wondering what kind of preliminary knowledge you'd need to be successful with the program. More details on it were posted by their official reddit account here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WGU/comments/5yh37t/wgu_releasing_bs_cyber_security_ms_computer/derefxf/

What's everyone's thoughts? If the program looks solid and focuses on the things I'm looking to learn, I think I might be one of the early adopters.
2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)

Comments

• Options
    CertifiedMonkeyCertifiedMonkey Member Posts: 172 ■■□□□□□□□□
    aderon wrote: »
    So this is pretty awesome and I hadn't seen any posts about it on here! I just found out today that a Master's in Computer Science is coming to WGU soon. It's supposed to have a heavy math focus so I'm wondering what kind of preliminary knowledge you'd need to be successful with the program. More details on it were posted by their official reddit account here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WGU/comments/5yh37t/wgu_releasing_bs_cyber_security_ms_computer/derefxf/

What's everyone's thoughts? If the program looks solid and focuses on the things I'm looking to learn, I think I might be one of the early adopters.

Sounds great! Need to see the courses though. A B.S. in computer science would be nice too.

Edit: Just saw some rumors that they're doing a B.S. in comp sci as well. Hopefully they release it before I graduate so I can transfer in!
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Since their BS in CS is also supposed to come out around the same time it would probably give you a good idea of what is going to be expected at the MS level.
  • Options
    EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    aderon wrote: »
    It's supposed to have a heavy math focus so I'm wondering what kind of preliminary knowledge you'd need to be successful with the program.
    Probably math. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    aderonaderon Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    hmmm... you don't say. lol
    2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Oh my. Well I'm definitely interested in seeing more. Could be a great way into DSU's DSc in Cybersecurity.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Probably math. icon_wink.gif

You're killing me, Smalls! lol
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me