SharePoint 2013/2016 Client side VS Server side Development Question

DmitriyGeeDmitriyGee Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone,

I have been working with SharePoint 2013 as a Systems Analyst for two years. We are migrating to SP 2016 at the beginning of 2018 but the company I work for is a military based company and does not allow us to go to the cloud solution so we stay being on premise.

I plan on becoming a SharePoint Developer but lack the knowledge I need to make a decision. Maybe you guys can help me. I had a plan towards learning to become a client side developer (HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery) but my manager is pushing my counter part towards client side development and wants me to go the path of a server side developer which turned my whole world around. I don't know where to start, WHAT IS A SERVER SIDE DEVELOPER?? What languages does one need to learn? Where do I start?? What is more beneficial going forward with SharePoint?? Client side development or Server Side Development. I'm so lost. I'm planning for the future and pretty sure the next company I will be working for will be using O365 as apposed to being on-premise.

Any knowledge is very much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Sincerely,

A very lost SharePoint guy. icon_cry.gif

Comments