Options

How to lab with packet tracer for CCNA?

Jacinto1023Jacinto1023 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
i'm looking to start getting into studying for CCNA.

i will be using the Todd Lammie and the Wendell Odom Books along with the CBTnuggets Video course. Will also be using Packet Tracer for Labs.

i'm confused about the labs. i have a list of labs that opens up a scenario in packet tracer with instructions on what needs to be done on the lab. does it not include a guide or answer with explainations? or am i suppose to do the labs as im reading the books and watching the videos?
Bachelor of Science in IT:Security - Western Governors University

Comments

• Options
    Neil86Neil86 Member Posts: 182 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i have a list of labs that opens up a scenario in packet tracer with instructions on what needs to be done on the lab.

That's it, you have instructions. If it gave you answers, it wouldn't be as helpful, or a challenge.

It will usually ask you to verify connectivity, or output, or something regarding the material to make sure everything is configured correctly.

Perform the labs for the chapters/videos they are referencing.

Practice, practice, practice....and then keep practicing.
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Before doing goal based labs, make sure you are able to configure the protocol without instructor direction, only then are you ready for the next step of working through a scenario lab to get it working.

You just cannot lab enough, just try to write down the configurations needed, use debugs and show commands to spot potential issues, and correct them using your own knowledge.
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Go to lammle.com, click on Blog. Look for the CCNA 125 Labs thread - lots of good stuff.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Do the labs while you're watching the video's or reading the books. Also create your own labs and mix up the stuff. When you're comfortable building the labs, start breaking stuff to see how different debugs output the info or the type of errors you get.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    CiscoNet SolutionsCiscoNet Solutions Banned Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey there, do you have any experience with Cisco CLI and doing configurations ? If not you should get a lab guide with a format that teaches configuration instead of a SIM to practice something you haven't learned yet.
  • Options
    Jacinto1023Jacinto1023 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No, im just getting into CCENT
    Bachelor of Science in IT:Security - Western Governors University