Memory not as good as I get older; different cert strategy

packetphilterpacketphilter Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm not sure about other people, but I find my ability to memorize things as I get older has diminished some. With that said, I think performance-based certs offer a better deal all around. I also think most people respect performance-based certs more.

What are some good performance-based certs out there that don't require a lot of wrote memorization? Ones I can think of off the top of my head are RHCSA and OSCP. What else is there?

Comments

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    MCSA/MCSE exams aren't practical, but with the latest exams you are not going to pass without tons of labbing and knowing how to actually do the work. Same with CCNA and CCNP, labbing is a must.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • soccarplayer29soccarplayer29 Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You could check out the eLearn security exams or ISACA CSX exams. I don't have experience with either but think these have the practical focus which you may be interested in.
    Certs: CISSP, CISA, PMP