Options

Does this sound like an entry level job?

Ben1373Ben1373 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've just come across this job ad for a Cloud Support Engineer at a local cloud services provider. I believe it is a 1st line position, but I'm not entirely sure. What are your thoughts on the job description?

ROLE SUMMARY:
The Cloud Support Engineer is a 1st level support operator performing daily activities of the Helpdesk. They will primarily be responsible for assisting [xxx] clients, resolving issues and carrying out routine operational tasks.

KEY DUTIES:
* Perform the daily activities of the [xxx] Helpdesk – to include: ticket handling, daily checklists and handling of incoming support calls 

* Provide level 1 technical support for all aspects of [xxx]’s cloud services 

* Resolve client incidents and requests in a timely and professional manner 

* Maintain a thorough working knowledge of [xxx]'s services with the ability to 
respond to customer “How do I...” type questions 

* Troubleshoot problems and log problem reports for recurring issues 

* Complete all work in accordance with the internal compliance guidelines 

* Supporting team management and Security & Compliance Officer in all areas of 
operations security 

* Support team management and Security & Compliance Officer in the management of security incidents/events 

* Support team management in maintaining staff compliancy to all team information security policies and procedures 

* Maintain and develop professional skill set 

Comments

• Options
    blatiniblatini Member Posts: 285
    It does. Sounds pretty decent as well. If you are worried about being in over your head they will typically put you through the ringer with training. I wouldn't worry about that. How well you can handle being on the phone the whole time is probably the bigger question.
  • Options
    revboxrevbox Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The word Engineer is used way too loosely now.

Take this job. Keep it for a year. Build your skill level in something IT-related. Look for job doing something you like that pays even better.

Apply for said job. Watch the money roll in just because your previous titled said something engineer on it.

This plan will work even better if you have any kind of IT experience prior to this role so it looks like you made a blazing fast career progression to the Engineer ranks. Congrats mate.
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This is a Helpdesk position, so entry level. The title is very misleading based on the job duties. This can be something useful in thw future when you seek other opportunities.
  • Options
    anhtran35anhtran35 Member Posts: 466
    Help Desk ENGINEER.
  • Options
    kalimusclekalimuscle Member Posts: 100
    its entry level and suites someone with less than 2 years of experience
    live, learn, grow, fail, rebuild and repeat until your heartbeat stops !
  • Options
    RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you do happen to accept that role, get your Cloud+.