Options

PowerShell - Technical Test

kalimusclekalimuscle Member Posts: 100
Hey guys!

I used to write PowerShell scripts all day - everyday, however I have not touched it in 2 years !

I have an Engineer interview coming up soon and while its not a role that involves pure automatation they do want someone who can script and automate things and expects you to know at least the basics of PowerShell as in basic commandlets, write basic PowerShell scripts, the ability to read a script etc.

Can someone quiz me on some BASIC PowerShell questions that a Systems Engineer is expected to have.

I am confident but haven't touched it in 2 years so I have forgotten alot of it !

Cheers
live, learn, grow, fail, rebuild and repeat until your heartbeat stops !

Comments

• Options
    dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    I'd volunteer to help, but I don't use Powershell in a SysEng capacity. That being said, I did want to recommend that you look in to what's new with Powershell as there's been a bit that's changed over the past few years.
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I wouldn't think you would have to show your powershell abilities, but maybe...Just tell them how you simplified pushing an update/rename a ton of wkstns or whatever/pulling info outta the network, etc...Then be able to do it, IF and WHEN you get hired. :) Good luck!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP