Options

Thoughts/Experience with Cybrary

sks.geeksks.geek Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
I recently found this website and was curious if anyone was familiar with it. There seems to be quite a bit of free resources but I have not looked to deep into it. Anyone?
http://www.cybrary.it

Comments

• Options
    ElGato127ElGato127 Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great site. Lots of good content, especially for entry-level and cybersecurity.
  • Options
    MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Signed up for it a few weeks ago. It seems mostly focused around Security, but there is a lot more on there than just that. It's just a collection of vids in each course though, nothing more than that... that I can see. So just vid-based courses... no written material, no practice exams, etc. I understand the certs to be recognized for continued education credits, but I haven't quite figured out how the cybytes work yet to understand if it's 100% free to actually get the certificates.

Overall, I would say it's a good site if it's actually 100% free. If not 100% free then I would give it more of a C or B minus.
  • Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Several on here use that site. Very good videos
  • Options
    securityorcsecurityorc Member Posts: 58 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You get cybytes by logging in every day, inviting people or sharing content on social media. With it you can "purchase" certificates.

Some courses also have downloadable slides, but the majority are video-only. Pretty good stuff, being free and all.
  • Options
    MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You get cybytes by logging in every day, inviting people or sharing content on social media. With it you can "purchase" certificates.

Makes sense, and that's what I was leaning to believing but didn't want to take anything for granted. The site needs a better FAQ though. I mean at least let us know how many cybytes each certificate costs.
  • Options
    clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cybrary website used to say that they were 100% free and always would be. Now, it looks like more and more content has to be paid for. I think they have deviated from their first position.
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I used their CISSP videos when I was studying and they were great.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    I used their CISSP videos when I was studying and they were great.
    I second this. I'm listening to Kelly's MP3s during my commute time and they're quite good. She happened to mention she is also doing the CCSP course as well.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Being that most of the content is free I am very happy with the site. I recommended it to a couple of colleagues and they love it.
  • Options
    shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great site, I love how they make the material so accessible (web and mobile apps) and affordable (free!) for anyone who is pursuing entry-mid level IT / IS knowledge and skills.
    Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
    Future Plans: MSc + PMP, CCIE/NPx, GIAC...
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Cybrary website used to say that they were 100% free and always would be. Now, it looks like more and more content has to be paid for. I think they have deviated from their first position.

It looks like the videos are free but the lab time and full-on cert training, including vouchers, costs.