Options

Getting ready for OSCP final exam && Fun with buffer overflows **** sheet attached

JinverarJinverar Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys, I've been going hard at PWK for 3/4 months now and I'm at 27 hosts and all exercises completed. I registered for the first 3 months but I lost the 3rd month to take care of the family and then I recently had to buy a 4th month. I think I am doing very good with the labs but I'm starting to burn out hardcore. I've got the python and the exploit research security bug agian so I've been going down the buffer overflow rabbit holes, and i am having fun doing that. I'm about to book the exam shortly and thought I would provide an update. i've been getting a hella lot better at the python and this is a quick one off message to the Grinch and the Hutch icon_smile.gif I think I'm going to get back into the python scripting expert again after the PWK and certify with security tube python scripting expert. icon_smile.gif

I hope everyone in this forum is doing good this year in 2017 and I hope to be a OSCP by September. I also hope to pass on a review shortly, and I am having fun trying harder!!! actually to tell you the truth no one has told me to try harder yet and the support staff has been very helpful. I think I hang out in all the right places I guess. Anyway I thought I would provide a status update so there you go, good luck in 2017 and I hope you pass all your tech exams. icon_smile.gif

~Tecsec.
Jinverar, TSS

Comments

• Options
    I created a fun with buffer overflow **** sheet ver 1.1 which I will add here and hope people can use it. check out the attachment.

fun with buffer overflow cheat sheet.pdf

I've been looking for something like this for many years and if you have recommendations to help add or fix stuff let me know. This is Ver 1.1 and it's changing daily so pm me and I will send you the latest if I can. hope it helps someone or it helps me learn better
    Jinverar, TSS
  • Options
    here is a updated copy, I hope it can help someone else out there. It's worked for a few tests now icon_smile.gif I have used it working through some OSCP exercises.

fun with buffer overflow x86 cheat sheet1.2.pdf

~J
    Jinverar, TSS
  • Options
    LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Looks pretty complete! I like it a lot!

Pattern.rb current location, maybe should be pattern-offset.rb and pattern-create.rb.
    You might want to include F7 to step forward for the Immunity cheats. :)

Some people might like a **** on a web location or tool in Kali to convert hex to ascii.
    Some people might like a **** on creating (in Python?) the full ascii hex range?

There may be times where shikata_ga_nai can't be used with the badchars present, but I'm not sure that's worth mentioning.

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?
  • Options
    Finaly passed my OSCP in NOV 2017. That course took me 8 months of trainig to pass.
    Jinverar, TSS
  • Options
    LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats, sounds like that was well-earned!

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?
  • Options
    BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and thank you for the BO **** sheet. The security community is awesome.