Options

Cybrary - is it good?

ForensicfoxForensicfox Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I have just come across Cybrary resources after seeing some stuff in here. I guess i have 2 questions which may make me sound stupid but here goes.

1. Are they good? they seem it!
2. How in-dept are they. I suppose what I am asking is, how much more resources do i need on top of Cybrary in order to suitably learn the content?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I watched a lot of topic of Kelly's CISSP course. I is very fine, but as any source, I would not rely on it entirely.
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hi all,

I have just come across Cybrary resources after seeing some stuff in here. I guess i have 2 questions which may make me sound stupid but here goes.

1. Are they good? they seem it!
    2. How in-dept are they. I suppose what I am asking is, how much more resources do i need on top of Cybrary in order to suitably learn the content?

Thanks
    1. I can only speak for the CISSP course and that was pretty good.

2. That is a course dependent question...which course are you looking at? You could try going through the course and then take a practice exam to see how you do and go from there. More than likely you will need to read a book as well.
  • Options
    MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Very similar thread 2 days ago: http://www.techexams.net/forums/off-topic/126938-thoughts-experience-cybrary.html

Edit: I would also add that it's definitely just more of a supplemental than a main source of information.
  • Options
    HI guys, thanks for that. I was looking at using it for CISM but will most likely spend some money on the book also. I do enjoy the audio side of it tho, but my main worry was relying on something which might not supply me with appropriate knowledge

Everything is so expensive haha
  • Options
    MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Everything is so expensive haha
    This is true, but it's also an investment. Everything you spend will come back to you with interest.
  • Options
    Very true mate. I really want the knowledge and the cert to prove it. I am planning on tackling this in the next 2 months, hopefully its achievable!
  • Options
    TankerTTankerT Member Posts: 132
    No matter what you do for the CISM, the BEST thing you can do is get the ISACA CISM question database. Period. (You'll see that in all the threads about the CISM where those of us that have passed talk about our preparation...)
  • Options
    dragonfly_222dragonfly_222 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used Cybrary for both the CEH and the CISSP. I found them to be a great additional resource. The CISSP in particular was good because Kelly H. gives some great tips and hints to help you remember things. For example, I'd been struggling with the whole Asymmetric vs. Symmetric deal and what algorithm belonged to what and I really found that section to be of great help. One "tip" she said was as long as you could remember (for the test) these 6 algorithms.. DSA, RSA, El Gamal, ECC, Diffie-Helman and Knapsack.. as being Asymmetric, then anything else would be Symmetric. So much easier to remember 6 things!

I plan on taking the CCSP next, so when I'm ready for that, I will be taking her class on that as well.

Kelly
  • Options
    ddaygloddayglo Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    TankerT wrote: »
    No matter what you do for the CISM, the BEST thing you can do is get the ISACA CISM question database. Period. (You'll see that in all the threads about the CISM where those of us that have passed talk about our preparation...)
    Strong Agree. The Question Database is an absolute must.
  • Options
    IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used it as an additional resource for my CISSP studies. I believe it was 12 hrs of videos and you can't beat the price.

I plan on circling back to the site after I finish take my GCIH exam this week.
  • Options
    trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great place to download course in mp3 files and listen on way to work.
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore