Options

CISM Passed 5/16/17

EJMADELINEEJMADELINE Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well, I had a terrible experience at the testing center. My test wouldn't start, and the lady working had no idea how to rectify the problem. Finally, after 45 minutes of waiting for tech support, I was able to start my test. She was doing something wrong because clearly she wasn't given the training to administer these exams. Regardless, an hour later I finished the test. Saw the generic provisionally passed on the screen and went on my way. The exam seemed more like a reading comprehension exam than an information security management exam. I don't think I'll pursue other ISACA exams if they're all written in a similar fashion. Question, did anyone else get a print out of some sort saying provisionally passed? She said my score was submitted and I was good to go. I have no confidence that my score was actually submitted. Any way to find out before the ten days? Will ISACA web site update with provisionally passed or anything like that? PSI exams is crap compared to Pearson.

Comments

• Options
    cfirstencfirsten Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    EJMADELINE wrote: »
    ....... PSI exams is crap compared to Pearson.

I completely agree. I haven't had the pleasure of testing with PSI yet but Pearson nailed it, very professional, center, people. It's a money issue, Pearson is probably way more expensive, that's why they went the PSI route. PSI, however, I've read only bad reviews online about them. Congrats BTW!!!
  • Options
    asiru77asiru77 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congratulations , i am also very worried about similar experience at testing day as i already have faced non professional and below average response during scheduling of exam from PSI and i agree 100% about pearson experience , its really a shame if ISACA select PSI only because they are cheap didn't they do a cost benefit analysis on that ?:)
  • Options
    scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Nicely done - I passed a couple days ago (only used the bank of questions) and at the end it mentioned I had passed but did not give me my score - only stated the official score will be emailed within 10 days.

Questions were a bit weird to be honest. Questions in the bank were more to the point, relevant. I guess as long as you understand the principles and scenarios then you are good to go.
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • Options
    EJMADELINEEJMADELINE Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    scasc wrote: »
    Nicely done - I passed a couple days ago (only used the bank of questions) and at the end it mentioned I had passed but did not give me my score - only stated the official score will be emailed within 10 days.

Questions were a bit weird to be honest. Questions in the bank were more to the point, relevant. I guess as long as you understand the principles and scenarios then you are good to go.

That is a great way to describe the questions! I found myself reading a question, saying an answer in my head, and then having to correlate that to whatever wacky way they were describing!
  • Options
    scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    You honestly took the words out of my mouth haha. I was contemplating doing other ISACA certifications however after this experience am not so sure. Had a terrible experience in booking the exam (cancelled twice in London) and then having to decipher their wording.
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    i also passed CISM exam today and my experience is almost same as you , they say today is the first time the are conducting ISACA exams on their test centre and almost waste and hour to setup all things , they even dont took personal belongings from candidates and let them sit for exam and lastly dont provide any letter or printout that i passed exam so technically i dont have any proof that i appear in exam and actually passed the exam , PSI is crap in comparison to Pearson VUE
  • Options
    scasc wrote: »
    You honestly took the words out of my mouth haha. I was contemplating doing other ISACA certifications however after this experience am not so sure. Had a terrible experience in booking the exam (cancelled twice in London) and then having to decipher their wording.

you nailed it
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework