CISSP passed 5/16/17

jmasterj206jmasterj206 Member Posts: 471
A little background. Fourteen years in IT from help desk-network/system admin-IT Director. Around 25 questions in I thought I wasn't going to pass this, but I did have a lot of software development questions right off the bat, which I don't have any experience in. I still didn't have a lot of confidence when I finished, but low and behold I saw the Congratulations you have provisionally passed the exam when I got out. I did feel that same way when I took the HCISPP exam.

Resources:
Cybrary Videos: I enjoyed these and Kelly does a good job at giving exam pointers.
Sybex Official Cert Guide: I read through it a few times and it does a good job. I did find my self not concentrating at times since it can get a little long winded.
Eric Conrad 3rd Edition: Good and to the point. Though there are a few areas where it doesn't go into great detail.
Eric Conrad 11th hour: I only read through it the last few days before the test. It is good for a last minute refresher, but I probably could have skipped it.
Sybex Official Practice Tests: Probably the best gauge and closest to the exam. I did use the tests in the Sybex book as well, but I feel the Official Practice Tests are more comparable to what you will see.

Good luck to those that are currently studying and thanks to those that have posted their experiences here. Off to the endorsement process!
WGU grad

Comments

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Grats on the pass!
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • pinksjpinksj Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your pass.
  • TankerTTankerT Member Posts: 132
    Congrats to you!
  • charliesinghcharliesingh Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How many of the Sybex Official Practice Tests questions came up?
  • fchaabnafchaabna Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass!
    @Charlie, this book is only to test your knowledge and readiness
  • jmasterj206jmasterj206 Member Posts: 471
    How many of the Sybex Official Practice Tests questions came up?
    None. I was just saying they are similar in style and a representation of the type of questions you would see on the test. If you did well taking the Sybex practice questions I think you will do fine on the test.
    WGU grad
  • Deadly-DosageDeadly-Dosage Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□