CISM Scheduling and Studying

cbdudekcbdudek Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just passed my CISSP back in April and am interested in expanding my security knowledge by getting my CISM as well. When I signed up for my CISSP, I was able to choose my date for testing. When I was going through the process of signing up for my CISM, I could select May-June or August-September. I would really like to take the test in June, but I guess I would like to get some input from the group here on how scheduling for the test happens. Do you get to select a day or is it automatically scheduled for you?

I have taken a few practice tests online and got good scores, but I know I will need to get some study materials. Is there a suggested practice test book or study material they would recommend?

Thank you!

Comments

• EJMADELINEEJMADELINE Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    cbdudek wrote: »
    I just passed my CISSP back in April and am interested in expanding my security knowledge by getting my CISM as well. When I signed up for my CISSP, I was able to choose my date for testing. When I was going through the process of signing up for my CISM, I could select May-June or August-September. I would really like to take the test in June, but I guess I would like to get some input from the group here on how scheduling for the test happens. Do you get to select a day or is it automatically scheduled for you?

I have taken a few practice tests online and got good scores, but I know I will need to get some study materials. Is there a suggested practice test book or study material they would recommend?

Thank you!

Once you pay for the exam through ISACA you will then be able to schedule your exam through PSI. June won't be a problem as long as your testing center has dates available. As far as study material, if you passed the CISSP I only recommend getting the official ISACA CISM QAE database. The review manual is a waste of money IMO and watching paint dry would provide a better experience. Good luck!
  • cbdudekcbdudek Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the input. So far the practice tests I have taken I have scored very well on. Obviously, they are just on random websites, so they are not as vetted as the official material is. Anyway, thanks for the info.