Options

Boson CCENT 100-105 question router subinterfaces

BennyTheManBennyTheMan Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am stumped. I thought that you need to know the number of VLANs configured on each switch in order to know how many subinterfaces I need. Any help greatly appreciated.

-Bennyicon_study.gif

Comments

• Options
    rob42rob42 Member Posts: 423
    I'm unfamiliar with the format. Are you saying that you picked two, but the correct answer is five, or vice-versa?
    No longer an active member
  • Options
    Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    The question States 5 vlans have been configured on the switches. So 5 sub ints are needed for ROAS
  • Options
    blatiniblatini Member Posts: 285
    You should really read the reasoning given for these and/or the attached links. They will go much more in depth than anyone on the forums will.
  • Options
    rob42rob42 Member Posts: 423
    Welly_59 wrote: »
    The question States 5 vlans have been configured on the switches. So 5 sub ints are needed for ROAS

Yes, that's my take on it as well: the Router uses only one physical interface on which the IP Address is configured. The ROAS configuration then creates one subinterface for each VLAN that you want the trunk link to support. But I'm unsure of what BennyTheMan is saying about the answer he's been given in the post.
    No longer an active member
  • Options
    BennyTheManBennyTheMan Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry for not being clear. I choose 2, based on the 2 switches but the correct answer is 5. I totally didn't read the question carefully. Now I see that the question states there are 5 vlans. Duh!

Thanks,

Benny
  • Options
    bodokidbodokid Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If i'm not wrong :) you can make the native vlan to use the physical interface with the encap dot1q native and other 4 sub-interfaces for other vlan's , but is a scenario, if the question said to chose between 2 and 5 , it's 5 for sure!! icon_redface.gif