Options

Amazon is AGGRESSIVE

DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
Amazon considering online prescriptions

See above

Amazon is now looking to penetrate the mail order prescription and pharmacy benefit manager space.

This industry is huge.

3 fortune 500 players from the wholesaler side, McKesson, ABC, and Cardinal. Then you have the PBM's Express Scripts, CVS and Walgreens.

Might want to get some

This should get interesting!

Comments

• Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    I see on Merakis dashboard for the last week (dashboard.meraki.com) they are also advertising jumping into bed with Amazon, which should be interesting considering Meraki is the most user friendly interface networking could basically get, and AWS is quite the opposite unless you have a Masters degree in Amazology.

Some day this Planet might be called Amazon, or Google :)
  • Options
    @Ande, they already killed the auto parts market. Autozone took a huge hit when Amazon announced they were getting into the automotive parts industry.

This is comical and scary all wrapped up.

We recently had a VP leave our fortune 500 company for a senior manager role at Amazon. Its absolutely hilarious, they are able to recruit the best of the best.

Funny part he got a pay bump. Think about that, VP fortune 500, to Amazon as a senior manager and received a pay bump, with COL factored in.
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    We recently had a VP leave our fortune 500 company for a senior manager role at Amazon. Its absolutely hilarious, they are able to recruit the best of the best.
    That's funny. We just had a Sr level guy leave for Amazon too. Jokes on them, he was kind of useless, haha.
  • Options
    The guy that left our company was very valuable, he will most certain help their cause.
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Honestly I wouldn't mind if Amazon go involved in another line of business if they weren't Aholes to here employees. You heard the nightmare stories of how they work there warehouse staff filling orders, I've read office workers aren't treated much better. It's a truly toxic environment. Companies and management like this should force out of business, it's perfectly OK to be a competitive organization, but treat your employees like human beings.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    When I worked in the data center, the people there were very good to us lowly data center techs. Maybe it was due to being a new DC or a small town or just some great people they chose for this area... I've heard the horror stories of the distribution centers, though.