Options

Substitute exam still available for 70-412?

2»

Comments

• Options
    caliostrocaliostro Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yea! Fixed!

Only one thing... I'm already start studying 70-412... icon_surprised.gif
  • Options
    kengjameskengjames Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome news! Motivated me more to study and pass the exam!
  • Options
    henryck92henryck92 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When did you pass the exam? I was certain it would count for me but after reading this thread I am now doubting it! Completely deflated if thats the case as I have invested time and money into this certification. Can you please advise?

Thanks
    Hicon_silent.gif
  • Options
    ataviusatavius Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    crumbs11 wrote: »
    Update - I received this from Microsoft today (this is from their "business team"):

[note: I passed 410, 411, and (just a few weeks ago) the 74-409]

"Once we realized that there was an issue and how it was impacting candidates, we investigated and found that it was caused by a disconnect in two systems due to them containing different data. I want to assure you that I am working with the development team to make it right for you as well as for all other candidates who are in the same situation. The last update that they provided is that candidates should see the credential on their transcript by the end of this week. If that timeline changes, I will reach out to you with revised timing."

I just checked my transcript, and it's now showing I have passed the MCSA 2012. So customer service is not dead after all and it looks like this was just a screw up. I'd proceed very carefully though if you're currently planning on taking one of these electives. Probably better to play it safe and go 410, 411, and 412.

Great news crumbs. I just checked my MCP page, but it still shows that I need to pass 70-412. I emailed MS with statement you got so hopefully they will fix this for all of us soon.
  • Options
    atavius wrote: »
    Great news crumbs. I just checked my MCP page, but it still shows that I need to pass 70-412. I emailed MS with statement you got so hopefully they will fix this for all of us soon.

Hello

who are you emailing in this case. I have passed 410/411 and 409 today but I am super worried. I would like to nip this in the bud soonest. Please let me know.

Thank you
    Henry
  • Options
    Hi Henry,
    you can open a help request on MCP page. After that they will get in touch with you.
  • Options
    So it took few more passive aggressive emails, but I finally got also my MCSA. If anyone is still having the same issue I strongly recommend standing your ground, because it seems MCP support gives pretty inconsistent answers om this.
  • Options
    atavius wrote: »
    So it took few more passive aggressive emails, but I finally got also my MCSA. If anyone is still having the same issue I strongly recommend standing your ground, because it seems MCP support gives pretty inconsistent answers om this.

Me too. I opened a couple of cases, one of them went around the houses but one was very helpful and we got eveything signed off. My transcipt now reads MCSA. Thanks for your advice on this one, glad its sorted.

Henry
  • Options
    caliostrocaliostro Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    craig88craig88 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So, I've already passed 70-410 and 70-409 and am about to sit 70-411. Will I still earn my MCSA does anybody know?
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Look at the thread I started in this section. Email them to get 60 days to pass.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    craig88craig88 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Look at the thread I started in this section. Email them to get 60 days to pass.

Thank you. I have just emailed them.
  • Options
    Loretta.charisma@gmail.coLoretta.charisma@gmail.co Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, it seems like we are sinking in the same boat
  • Options
    Loretta.charisma@gmail.coLoretta.charisma@gmail.co Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi dear, i am in South Africa and i wrote mine recently , this july though. I would advise you to contact them , preferably call them and send an email.. I did the same. It was uploaded manually yesterday. Im a happy woman.. MCSE here we come.....
  • Options
    Hi dear, i am in South Africa and i wrote mine recently , this july though. I would advise you to contact them , preferably call them and send an email.. I did the same. It was uploaded manually yesterday. Im a happy woman.. MCSE here we come.....
  • Options
    showboshowbo Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Bringing this back up... I just passed my 70-411. I can understand them revamping the requirements, I get that. But I feel that if i took the 346 before the revamp, which i did in Dec. 2016, I should be grandfathered in.

I don't want it to sound like I am trying to get out of the 412...but I saw this as a path back in Dec 2016...and now it's not? I do admit I didn't check up on this while studying and passing the 410 and 411...but yeah. I e-mailed support to see what they will tell me.

Update:
    rpaobligar wrote: »
    Hi! I passed 74-409 last October 14. As what they said, "although following the old path of earning MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certification was disabled in June 2017, Microsoft acknowledges those candidates who have taken or planning to take substitute exams in good faith (like 74-409) presuming that they will earn the said certification. This adjustment will be good through December 31, 2017."
    I got my MCSA certification now. I hope this clarify everything.

I just passed my 411 yesterday, and was upset I didn't see my MCSA Server 2012. I passed 346 Dec 2016, 410 Sept 2017, 411 yesterday.

I called support and spoke to a very nice lady, who essentially said the same exact thing as what was said to rpaobiligar. For those who took alt paths for 412...make sure you call Support and get a ticket created. They have to escalate this up so your cert will appear in your transcript.