Options

CISSP-ISSEP or no?

EJMADELINEEJMADELINE Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
First, a little background about myself. Currently, I hold the Security + CE, SSCP, CISSP, and CISM (once the endorsement process finishes). In my current role, I'm an IA engineer within the DoD and was an IAO within the DoD previously. For this reason, I feel the CISSP-ISSEP would be a useful certification. However, I'm not sure there is really any ROI besides using the certification as a way to sharpen my current skills and knowledge. Any current ISSEP holders have any input? I know it's a challenging certification, and I'd plan to take it within the next six months. Thanks for any input!

Comments

• Options
    Blade3DBlade3D Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've been curious about these certs as well ISSEP or ISSAP. I'd appreciate any comments as well. Sorry I don't have anything to add.
    Title: Sr. Systems Designer
    Degree: B.S. in Computing Science, emphasis Information Assurance
    Certifications: CISSP, PSP, Network+, Security+, CySA+, OSWP
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Seems like its worth it to get that extra specialty from ISC2. I am going to try to at least start on the ISSAP later this year.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    EJMADELINE wrote: »
    I'm not sure there is really any ROI besides using the certification as a way to sharpen my current skills and knowledge.
    There are jobs that ask for a specialization of CISSP, most of the time I don't think they're too picky though. I believe any of the 3 specializations qualify for IASAE level III, most of the stuff I've seen asking for that seems to be Army for some reason. I'm not sure why nobody else asks for IASAE kevel III - probably because it's not actively being audited.